Southwest Florida College can help you acquire the skills you need for top, in-demand jobs in today’s competitive workplace. Whether you are seeking to make a career change, or simply advance in your current career, our skilled team of professional instructors will help you achieve your career goals.
Why choose Southwest Florida College?
Listening to Employers – We are listening to employers and embracing what they say are the skills that students need upon graduating. Southwest Florida College remains student-centered and employer-focused by delivering curriculum that is up-to-date to ensure that students are prepared for the expectations of employers.
Flexibility – We understand that in today’s world our lives are hectic. That’s why we offer our classes to fit into your busy schedule. We offer convenient online classes as well as campus-based classes during the day, evening and even on the weekend.
Individual Attention – You won’t get lost in a sea of students here at Southwest Florida College. Our classes are small so that you get more one-on-one attention with your instructors. We even have an Academic Success Center where you can go to get additional help with your coursework.
Graduate Placement – At Southwest Florida College, we take your education a step further. Our Graduate Placement and Industry Relations Department has one primary function – to get you employed. This is a lifetime service for our graduates. The Graduate Placement and Industry Relations department will assist you with your resume and then help match your skills with desirable employers.
*Programs vary by location.
Southwest Florida College gives you more than a dozen programs to choose from, so no matter what your interest, we have a program that’s right for you.
- Accounting – also available online
- Computer Programming & Database Management
- Criminal Justice – also available online
- Digital Design
- Early Childhood Education – also available online
- Elementary Education
- Health Care Administration – also available online
- Health Information Management – also available online
- Management – also available online
- Medical Lab Technician
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Billing and Coding Technology – also available online
- Network Engineering & Administration
- Paralegal Studies – online only
- Surgical Technician
- Web Design & Development
- Information Technology & Security Systems
- Public Service Administration – also available online
- Nursing (RN)
- Cyber Technology & Security
*Programs vary by location.
One of the key ingredients to educational success is the ability to grasp the information and concepts that are being delivered to you and Southwest Florida College really focuses their instructors to get that one-on-one contact. That is what I truly believe, in a successful college situation, you need to move on.
– Jerry Brooks is the owner of J. Brooks and Associates Accounting and Tax Service, He is also a former Southwest Florida College graduate, who now teaches at Southwest Florida College and he has hired Southwest Florida College graduates.
"I am primarily impressed with the hands-on learning. I look to SWFC first before I post an ad in the paper to find an employee. In the past five years, I have employed six SWFC students. I am impressed by their knowledge. SWFC is the only school I will work with for Medical Assisting students. They are the only ones I allow in my practice."
– Employer of Southwest Florida College graduates, Barbara Rodriguez, Practice Administrator for Doctor’s Family Clinic.
"You do offer a diversity of programs I think your students are very well trained, and they are receiving the education in which they are going to need to go into the working field with and I think that is a great quality to have as a student taking on a portfolio to present to the workforce."
– Employer of Southwest Florida College graduates, Daniel Herrera, Director of Outreach for the Naples International Film Festival and independent director / producer for La Razza Films.
"When we came to Southwest Florida College it was quite obvious to me that the people that came in they had experience they had a sense of commitment I believe to their career and who they are which set them apart as opposed to other people I would find off the street. I don’t see any need to ever have to look any further for any of my hiring needs. I feel like I’ve built a great relationship with the staffing at SWFC and I can just call them they would be there for me they would meet my needs promptly and provide some really excellent people. I think it is great!"
– Employer of Southwest Florida College graduates, Trudy Olander, Clinical Supervisor for Eye Associates.
"I am a former student who graduated from SWFC in 2006. As being a student of SWFC for two years I know what the students go through when they’re actually going out doing their externship being nervous actuall getting out there in the field and putting their education to work. The students that do the externship with us have shown that they are a little bit more capable of working up a patient on their own or utilizing their skills in another department compared to somebody who just walks in that we don’t know anything about their training. I would recommend the students here in a heartbeat and I actually have offered recommendations on students we didn’t have a position for at the time. I’m very impressed not only because I went to school here and I know all of the different courses and the classes that have to be taken but when the students come in and they are so willing to get in there and do their vital signs all by themselves. They actually show that they are willing to “step up to the plate” and do what is necessary."
– Employer of Southwest Florida College graduates, Tiffany Cumbess, Office Manager for Primary Care Specialists of Southwest Florida.