About Utica College
Founded in 1946, Utica College is a comprehensive, independent, private institution that offers regionally accredited, career-focused Bachelor’s, Master’s, and Doctoral degree programs online. All courses are taught by highly experienced, credentialed faculty whose accomplishments are renowned throughout their respective industries.
2,881 full- and part-time undergraduate students and 1,147 full- and part-time graduate students. The College offers 36 undergraduate degrees in more than 60 areas of study and 21 graduate programs, including master's degrees, doctoral programs, and certificates.
With students from 42 different states and 39 different countries, our students represent a broad diversity of ethnicities, backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences.
Sports: Division III; 25 varsity sports; 16 intramural sports; club sports; Member, Empire 8, NCAA, Eastern College Athletic Conference, New York State Women’s Collegiate Athletic Association
Middle States Commission on Higher Education
The Commission on Higher Education of the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools, 3624 Market St., Philadelphia, PA 19104-2680, (215) 662-5606, accredits Utica College.
RN-BS Nursing program is also accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE).
Two National Center of Excellence Designations:
Utica College is proud to be designated a National Center of Academic Excellence in Information Assurance/Cyber Defense Education (CAE IA/CD) by the National Security Agency (NSA) and Department of Homeland Security (DHS). Utica College has met the increased demands of this new designation category with its Bachelor's and Master's in Cybersecurity programs. The NSA designation covers the academic years 2014 through 2019.
The college has also earned designation as a National Center of Digital Forensics Academic Excellence (CDFAE) by the Defense Cyber Crime Center (DC3). The CDFAE program offers designations to accredited academic programs that confer a digital forensics-related degree. To receive CDFAE designation, an institution's accredited academic program must map courses against a common core curriculum and must have in-course peer reviews of curriculum and practicum within a three year period.
Cybersecurity, Economic Crime & Fraud Prevention
MS in Cybersecurity
- Intelligence Specialization
– Designed for professionals interested in cyber intelligence and counterintelligence, cyber counterterrorism, and cyber countersabotage. The curriculum covers analysis of global and national cybersecurity policies, the study and protection of critical infrastructures, as well as operations involving cyber threats and defense.
MS in Cybersecurity - Computer Forensics Specialization
– Designed for students interested in collecting and preparing evidence of computer crimes such as fraud, child pornography, and cyber espionage. The curriculum emphasizes a comprehensive understanding of the forensic tools and techniques used to investigate and analyze network-related incidents and preserve digital evidence.
MS in Cybersecurity - Cyber Operations Specialization
– Perfect for those with backgrounds in cybersecurity, computer forensics, computer science, math or IT, the Cyber Operations specialization enables you to understand all facets of cyber attacks. Through a unique online platform, you’ll engage in a hands-on, lab-oriented curriculum giving you the critical knowledge needed to dissipate and eliminate cyber threats. Topics include:
MS in Economic Crime Management
Cyber tactics techniques and procedures
Command and control
Adversarial access methods
Infiltration of systems and exfiltration of information
Legal and ethical issues
- This program combines the areas of management, technology, and analytical skills with a knowledge and understanding of economic crime from a global perspective.
MBA in Fraud Management
- This is one of the few programs in the nation that combines fraud management with business, giving you a highly marketable degree.
BS in Cybersecurity -
With this program, you will have the knowledge to be on the front lines in the fight to keep data safe and secure. Two concentrations:
Cybercrime Investigations & Forensics
MS in Health Care Administration -
To ensure a high level of discussion and interaction, applicants to the online Master of Science in Health Care Administration online program are required to have two years of experience in the health care field. The program offers five areas of emphasis that align with administrative needs in the health care industry today:
Acute Care: Study financial management, the effective implementation of IT systems, and leadership principles for administrators of hospitals and other acute care facilities.
Service Organizations: Coursework explores theories of organizational development and organizational leadership and their applications to government, corporate, insurance, and research organizations in the health care field.
Nursing Home Administration: Focuses on effective practices related to the management of nursing homes and other long-term care facilities, as well as the tools and principles of financial management.
Health Care Advocacy and Navigation: designed for health care professionals or other individuals wishing to re-focus their practices in the health care niche, who are seeking to enhance their existing careers through leadership development and knowledge of how the law, policy, and ethics shape and affect patient care in a complex health care system.
Community Health and Wellness: provide students with the foundational knowledge to be engaged in supporting health care reform through understanding the importance of designing preventative health care practices with the medical model of treatment.
RN to BS in Nursing (RN to BSN) - Our RN-BSN graduates consistently refer more than one-third of our students – they know where to go to gain nursing leadership-, critical thinking skills and a solid foundation for advanced practice roles. This CCNE accredited online program is flexible and convenient, and requires no on-campus residencies. Gain the most relevant knowledge and skills required of today’s nurses.