If you want to make the world a better place, start at the University of San Francisco. Our 21st-century mission to create a more humane and just world comes alive in our diverse learning community and is broadened by our global orientation. You are challenged to reach higher standards and to use your education to promote justice and serve the common good. At the University of San Francisco, you’ll find the excellence inherent in an institution established over 150 years ago, and inherent in nearly five centuries of Jesuit education.
- Master of Public Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing
University of San Francisco (USF)
The University of San Francisco is accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC), an accreditation first granted in 1950 by the Western College Association (WCA), the antecedent of WASC. In 2009, WASC reaccredited USF for 10 years.
The Master of Public Administration program is accredited by the Network of Schools of Public Policy, Affairs, and Administration (NASPAA).
The Master of Science in Nursing program and the School of Nursing are approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing and accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE).
- The Master of Public Administration program has been ranked in the top 2% of the Nation’s Best Graduate Programs by U.S. News and World Report.
- The Master of Science in Nursing program has been ranked in the top 50 Nursing Graduate Schools by U.S. News and World Report.
- Total Undergraduate Enrollment: 4,414
- Total Graduate Enrollment: 5,790
- Average Age Undergraduate: 35 years old
- Average Age Graduate: 38 years old
Alumni Careers - Master of Public Administration
- Former Special Assistant to the U.S. Secretary of Education
- Executive Director, Golden Living Elderly Care Centers
- Legislative Director, CA Legislature
- Community Development Director, City of Clayton
- Captain, Fire Department, City of Fremont
- Chief Administrative Officer, Cardiovascular Research Institute, UCSF
- Planning Manager, City of Palo Alto
- Police Chief, Town of San Anselmo
- Director of Clinical Informatics, Stanford Hospital and Clinics
- Director of Human Resources, Wilbur-Ellis Company
- Imaging Service Line Director, Kaiser Permanente in Oakland
- Assistant Director of Policy and Planning, SF Dept. of Public Health
- Director of Community Planning and Outreach, City Manager's Office, City of Sacramento
- Administrator of the Stonebrook Healthcare Center in Concord
- Supervisor, Sonoma County Board of Supervisors
- Implementation Manager, EMR/EHR Clinical Systems, Catholic Healthcare West, Mercy Medical Foundation
- Chief of HR Division, CalPERS (California Pension and Retirement System)
- Town Manager of Cotati
- Battalion Chief, Santa Clara County Fire Department
- Quality Control Manager, behavioral research nonprofit
- Quality Improvement Specialist, Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
Alumni Careers - Master of Science in Nursing
- Clinical Nurse Leader
- Care Manager
- Clinical Coordinator
- Patient Educator
- Nurse Manager
- Patient Care Coordinator
- Risk Manager
- Quality Leaders
- Case Manager