UMassOnline – University of Massachusetts
Earn your accredited online degree or certificate from one of the nation’s top–ranked universities, the University of Massachusetts. UMassOnline allows you to attend the same high–quality programs and learn from the same world–class faculty as students at the University of Massachusetts’ Amherst, Boston, Dartmouth, Lowell or Worcester campuses.
Fall/Spring semesters & Winter and Summer terms
The University of Massachusetts is accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges, which accredits schools in the six New England states.
The New England Association of Schools and Colleges is an advocate of educational quality and its improvement. Membership in the Association indicates that the institution has been carefully evaluated and found to meet standards agreed upon by qualified educators.
Many of each campus’ schools and colleges are also accredited by discipline-specific agencies.
- Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB)
- Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology
- Computing Sciences Accreditation Board
- National Association of Schools of Art and Design
- National Council for the Accreditation of Teacher Education
- National League for Nursing
UMassOnline students are UMass students and are taught by the same faculty who teach on campus. UMassOnline students have access to the many of the same rich resources on campus students have, such as one of the largest library systems in New England.
UMassOnline and its programs have won multiple awards including:
- UMassOnline Awarded ‘Public Sector of the Year’ by Mass Technology Leadership Council, 2008
- Most Outstanding Online Teaching and Learning Program, UMass Lowell's Online Graduate Behavioral Intervention in Autism Program, Sloan Consortium Excellence Awards, 2008
- ‘Excellence in Online Teaching’ Award, Dr. Jeannette E. Riley, Sloan Consortium Excellence Awards, 2008
- 21st Century Best Practices Award, United States Distance Learning Association (USDLA)
- Program of Excellence, University Continuing Education Association (UCEA)-Journalism Certificate
- Excellence in Faculty Development, Sloan-C Excellence Awards
- Excellence in Online Programming, Sloan-C Excellence Awards
- Excellence in Online Teaching, Sloan-C Excellence Awards
- UMass Amherst Isenberg MBA, Top 10 national rankings, #4 Best Professors (2005, 2006, 2007 Princeton Review: Best Business Schools rankings)
- 4th in Primary Care Education, U.S. World Reports
- Ranked Top 100 Best University System in the World – London Times
- Excellence in Distance Teaching Education – United States Distance Learning Association (USDLA)
UMassOnline offers online students many of the same support services our on-campus students receive. Here are few resources to help you achieve your online educational goals:
- 24/7 Tech Support
- Library Services
- Academic Advising
- Financial Aid
IT Support and Customer Service
There are several ways to get assistance if you have questions or need technical support. Choose the option that's most convenient for you – phone, email or live chat.
National and International student body