Welcome to The University of Scranton Online
At The University of Scranton, you are considered a significant part of the academic environment. Our approach focuses attention on educating the whole person, expanding both your personal growth and intellect. Employers want assurance they are hiring individuals who will reflect favorably on the company or organization in all respects, not just in terms of an academic designation. A degree or certificate from The University of Scranton carries that assurance.
The University of Scranton is regionally accredited and consistently ranked by U.S. News & World Report as one of the Top 10 Regional Universities in the North. The nationally recognized Kania School of Management boasts AACSB accreditation with flagship graduate programs including the MBA and Master of Accountancy (MAcc) programs. MAcc is developed and delivered by practicing experts and incorporates Wiley CPAexcel® for students preparing for the CPA exam. The online MBA offers a variety of specializations with the opportunity to dual-specialize. The Panuska College of Professional Studies also offers two online programs, including the Master of Science in Human Resources and Master of Health Administration.
The University of Scranton
The University of Scranton was founded in 1888 as Saint Thomas College by the first bishop of Scranton, Most Reverend William G. O’Hara, D.D. The University achieved University status in 1938 and was entrusted to the care of the Society of Jesus in 1942.
The University is a private Catholic and Jesuit university.
6 sessions per year
- Regionally accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools Middle States Commission on Higher Education
- The University of Scranton's business school, the Kania School of Management, is among only 5 percent of educational institutions worldwide offering business degrees that have achieved the distinction of accreditation by AACSB International - The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business.
- One of 28 member institutions entrusted by the Association of Jesuit Colleges & Universities (AJCU)
- For 12 consecutive years, one of The Princeton Review's "377 Best Colleges"
- Included in Forbes magazine’s online listing of “America’s Best Colleges” six consecutive years
- Named in U.S. News and World Report’s "America’s Best Colleges" edition as:
- among the 10 top master's universities in the North for 20 consecutive years
- one of just 27 colleges in the nation recognized for “A Focus on Student Success"
- among the nation's 49 “up and coming” colleges
Online Master of Accountancy
Built on core competencies that emphasize the development of technical, practical and soft skills, the online MAcc integrates competitive tools like the Big 4 Firms-endorsed CPAexcel® product for exam preparation. The online MAcc also embodies the rigor of the Kania School of Management’s AACSB accreditation, the ethical foundations of a Jesuit tradition, and the knowledge accounting professionals need to be strategic leaders.
- The University of Scranton’s online Master of Accountancy (MAcc) is designed with active, full-time accounting professionals in mind who need a flexible, asynchronous program to accommodate busy work schedules.
- Faculty are award-winning teachers and researchers, and deliver courses that are routinely updated and influenced by The University of Scranton’s Accounting Department Professional Council (ADPC), a group of practicing CPAs who have partnered with The University of Scranton’s Accounting Department for curriculum consulting, student mentorship, and alumni networking.
- CPAexcel®, ideal for the visual learner, is a Big 4-endorsed CPA prep course available as part of the online Master of Accountancy at The University of Scranton. The Wiley CPAexcel® features digestible lessons and continued access to prep material through exam day, making it an ideal course for every working professional pursuing a master’s degree and CPA certification.
- The MAcc program consists of ten (10) courses, made up of six (6) core courses and the option to select any four (4) of eight (8) electives, allowing students to tailor the program to their career interests. At program completion, students will earn a total of 30 credit hours.