Welcome to the University of Scranton Online
Cradled in the scenic northeast region of Pennsylvania’s Pocono Mountains, The University of Scranton boasts a more than 122-year tradition of top-notch education, sound ethics, and social responsibility. We are a selective and highly ranked Jesuit university, offering the outstanding academics and personal attention expected of a leading private university combined with an exceptional sense of community.
The University of Scranton is regionally accredited and consistently ranked in U.S. News & World Report’s “America’s Best Colleges” edition as one of the Top 10 Regional Universities in the North. The MBA program is the flagship of the nationally recognized Kania School of Management with specializations in Healthcare Management, Operations Management, International Business and Enterprise Resource Planning. In addition, the Master of Science in Human Resources, complete with a cutting-edge curriculum, is one of the premier programs offered by the Panuska College of Professional Studies.
At The University of Scranton, you will learn business management or human resources concepts steeped in the values and traditions of a Jesuit education, dedicated to providing an excellent education suited to meet the challenges and opportunities of today’s world.
The University of Scranton
The University of Scranton was founded in 1888 as Saint Thomas College by the first bishop of Scranton, Most Reverend William G. O’Hara, D.D. The University achieved University status in 1938 and was entrusted to the care of the Society of Jesus in 1942.
The University is a private Catholic and Jesuit university.
6 sessions per year
Regionally accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools Middle States Commission on Higher Education
For 11 consecutive years, one of The Princeton Review's "377 Best Colleges"
Included in Forbes magazine’s online listing of “America’s Best Colleges” five consecutive years
Named in U.S. News and World Report’s "America’s Best Colleges" edition as:
- among the 10 top master's universities in the North for 19 consecutive years
- one of just 27 colleges in the nation recognized for “A Focus on Student Success"
- among the nation's 49 “up and coming” colleges
The University of Scranton's business school, the Kania School of Management, is among only 5 percent of educational institutions worldwide offering business degrees that have achieved the distinction of accreditation by AACSB International - The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business.
One of 28 member institutions entrusted by the Association of Jesuit Colleges & Universities (AJCU)
Online MS in Human Resources
The University of Scranton’s online Master of Science in Human Resources will teach you how to help organizations succeed by focusing on employees—their motivation, training, behavior and more. The recently updated curriculum also addresses how the contemporary working environment—with its organizational shifts and constantly developing technology—affects employees.
Designed for the working professional, the Online MBA program emphasizes a set of skills and perspectives needed to succeed in the increasingly fast-paced, global and technology-oriented business environment. The online program format provides working professionals with convenient and flexible access to a high-quality MBA program without the need to interrupt their careers. The program also has three optional specializations: Healthcare Management, Operations Management, and Enterprise Resource Planning. The student can take the online MBA without a specialization if they so choose.
In addition to offering a General MBA, The online MBA program also features four specialization options:
- Healthcare Management
- The University of Scranton’s Online MBA with specialization in Healthcare Management program provides a comprehensive, practical and interdisciplinary set of core competencies, knowledge, skills and values for healthcare jobs in a variety of health organizations.
- International Business
- Qualified managers with international expertise are in demand as businesses of all kinds move into new global markets. The International Business specialization of the University of Scranton’s online Master of Business Administration tackles the complex economic, financial and management challenges of conducting businesses in other countries and cultures.
- Build your leadership ability to effectively manage and guide international initiatives and offices
- Develop a comprehensive view of factors affecting international business, including culture, economics, and politics
- Study organizational behavior and cultural diversity in preparation for dealing with cross-cultural teams and foreign markets
- Operations Management
- The Operations Management specialization of the University of Scranton’s online MBA gives you the analytical and problem-solving skills that you will need to succeed in this information- and technology-intensive field. The curriculum reflects the wide-ranging responsibilities and tasks in operations management. Courses focus on supply chain management, production planning and control, and other elements related to project and quality management.
- Enterprise Resource Planning
- The University of Scranton’s MBA with specialization in Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) combines the advanced business expertise of our MBA curriculum with training in the integrated software systems that combine key corporate functions such as operations, finance, and procurement within an ERP system.
- The specialization is offered in association with the world’s leading ERP software company, SAP, and it’s University Alliances Program. Upon completion of the online MBA with specialization in Enterprise Resource Planning, graduates are eligible to attend a week-long boot camp of intensive training, followed by a final exam and SAP Associate certification to those who pass.
- Students who choose this specialization will receive the tools and resources to apply the latest technology in a business context, integrate business strategy and processes, and put information technology theory into practice. As a result of their participation in the program, they will gain hands-on experience that will have significant relevance to their careers and chosen field.