The University of Scranton – Teaching Teachers Since 1888
The University of Scranton offers you a superior online learning experience. The University is accredited by the Teacher Education Accreditation Council (TEAC), and is ranked as a top 10, Tier 1 Regional University in the North by U.S. News & World Report. As an online student, you’ll have the flexibility to "attend class" whenever you want – anytime, anywhere, 24/7.
The University of Scranton
The University of Scranton was founded in 1888 as Saint Thomas College by the first bishop of Scranton.
The University of Scranton is a Catholic and Jesuit university dedicated to freedom of inquiry, the pursuit of wisdom, integrity and truth, and the personal growth and development of all who share in its life.
6 sessions per year.
- The University of Scranton is nationally accredited by the Teacher Education Accreditation Council (TEAC).
- The university is regionally accredited by the Commission on Higher Education of the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools.
- The College of Graduate and Continuing Education is accredited by the Pennsylvania Department of Education (PDE).
- The University of Scranton is ranked as a top 10, Tier 1 Regional University in the North by U.S. News & World Report
- The Princeton Review – Among the “Best 351 Colleges” for the past two years; 30th among “America’s Most Connected Campuses.”
- Kaplan Publishing – Among the nation’s “328 Most Interesting Colleges” for the past two years.
- The Washington Post Magazine – One of the “100 Colleges Worth Considering.”
- Templeton Foundation – One of only 100 colleges and universities on Templeton's “Honor Roll of Character-Building Colleges.”
- Yahoo! Internet Life Magazine – One of America”s “Most Wired Colleges” for three consecutive years; 39th in 2001.
- Hispanic Outlook in Higher Education – Among the “Publisher”s Picks” for six years.
- Regional Accreditation from the Commission on Higher Education of the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools.
- National Accreditation from the Teacher Education Accreditation Council (TEAC).
- Barron's - Among 198 colleges in the eleventh edition of "Best Buys in College Education"
- Forbes.com - Ranked among the nation's elite universities of "America’s Best Colleges"
- GI Jobs - Among the top 15% of colleges, universities and trade schools in the nation as a Military Friendly School
- Teachers – Preschool, kindergarten, elementary school, middle school, and secondary school teachers
- Reading specialists
- Instructional coordinators
- Guidance counselors
- Vice Principals
- Curriculum Developer
Enhance Your Classroom Performance
The University of Scranton’s graduate degree programs equip you with the tools necessary to expand your teaching options and boost student achievement. Because a master’s in education degree program is only as good as the real-world skills it builds, The University of Scranton has carefully developed its curriculum to include performance-based learning outcomes.