Sacred Heart University Online
Sacred Heart University was founded in Fairfield, Connecticut, in 1963 to provide an affordable, quality education to the local community. Since then we have grown to become the second-largest Catholic university in New England and our reach now extends around the country and the world via our online programs. Our commitment to educational excellence is reflected in our distinguished full-time faculty, over 80% of who hold the highest degrees in their fields.
At Sacred Heart, we celebrate rigorous scholarship, a commitment to spiritual and ethical values, serving those in need, and rejoicing in learning and discovery. We strive to build a diverse community to support our students as they rise to meet the challenges of our expectations—and their own.
Sacred Heart University
6 Terms per year
Sacred Heart University is accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC), one of six regional associations in the United States that accredit schools and colleges. In addition, the John F. Welch College of Business is accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB-International), and our Bachelor of Science in Nursing and Master of Science in Nursing programs are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE).
The University is pleased to have been named one of the top universities in the North by U.S. News & World Report in the 2011 edition of America's Best Colleges.
The Princeton Review includes Sacred Heart in the latest edition of the Princeton Review's The Best 373 Colleges.
Master of Science in Applied Psychology
Sacred Heart University offers an online Master of Science in Applied Psychology prepares its students to be a change agent; to stand out for good. Customize your Sacred Heart Master of Applied Psychology (MSAP) to an Industrial and Organizational or Community Psychology specialization to take your career to the next level. Built on the foundation of a research-driven core curriculum, the Sacred Heart University MSAP program offers a general track as well as two career-oriented concentrations to match your interests and professional goals.
Master’s in Nursing
- Industrial-Organizational Psychology: This concentration focuses on applying psychology in the workplace, such as for personnel management, performance assessment, and employee development.
- Community Psychology: Learn how to care for individuals and the general public in settings such as schools and social service agencies.
Sacred Heart University's Master of Science in Nursing program offers three impactful specializations. Whether you choose Clinical Nurse Leader, Patient Care Services Administration, or Nursing Education as your specialization, you will be prepared not only to advance your career but to advance the nursing profession as an agent of change.
RN - Bachelor’s in Nursing and Master’s in Nursing
- Clinical Nurse Leader: This specialization focuses on the skills and knowledge needed to fulfill this new and evolving role, such as evaluating patient outcomes, assessing risk, and coordinating with other health care professionals to ensure high quality care. The program prepares students to sit for the American Association of Colleges of Nursing CNL Certificate Exam. Even those students who are not interested in the CNL position can benefit from the integrated knowledge offered in this specialization.
- Patient Care Services Administration: The specialization is designed to prepare you for nursing leadership positions involving administrative responsibility. You’ll learn how to use business and information management, integration of finances, and program evaluation as tools to provide effective and efficient care.
- Nursing education: specialization is designed to complement your clinical experience with skills in teaching and learning. The curriculum is designed to provide you with an understanding of issues in nursing education, application of curriculum design and evaluation theory, and experience in the role of the faculty. Nurse educators are found in both schools of nursing along with hospitals and related healthcare organizations. This program gives students the education to sit for the National League of Nursing (NLN) Nurse Educator Certification Exam.
Sacred Heart University's online combined bachelor’s and master’s of nursing program was specifically designed to help working nurses go from RN-BSN-MSN in one continuous course of study. Our mission is to train top tier clinicians in evidence-based practice.
Our nursing degrees are highly recognized and greatly respected by healthcare leaders seeking a Magnet Recognition Program® designation. Additionally, SHU is consistently ranked among the top master’s colleges in the U.S. in part because of our humanistic core principles. Choose from three specializations.