Sacred Heart University offers a suite of online degree programs that can take your career to the next level. Our commitment to educational excellence is reflected in our distinguished full-time faculty, over 80% of whom hold the highest degrees in their fields. Sacred Heart is also recognized among the best regional universities in the North by U.S. News & World Report.
Sacred Heart’s academic signature at the undergraduate level is defined by the core curriculum: the Human Journey. Recognized as a national model of values-based education, it focuses on the lifelong search for meaning, values, and intellectual growth during our existence. These core beliefs are reflected in our curriculum, mission, and culture, preparing our students to stand out for good.
Sacred Heart University is regionally accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges and all of our nursing programs are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE). Our graduate nursing program’s specializations prepare students to lead in their field of interest and sit for the respective certification exams.
Master of Science in Applied Psychology
Built on the foundation of a research-driven curriculum, this program offers a general track as well as two others:
- Industrial-Organizational Psychology: Apply psychology in the workplace for employee development and productivity.
- Community Psychology: Impact communities with promotion, prevention and advocacy.
**Currently not accepting applications for this program from Maryland residents.**
Master of Science in Nursing
Our accredited MSN program offers three specializations:
- Clinical Nurse Leader: Focus on impacting patient care, evaluating patient outcomes and assessing risk.
- Patient Care Services Administration: Focus on administrative responsibility, business, finance and information management as tools to impact healthcare organizations.
- Nursing Education: Focus on a teaching/learning curriculum with an understanding of issues in nursing education, curriculum design, and teaching experiences assisting faculty.
Our online combined RN-BSN-MSN program is designed to help working nurses obtain higher nursing degrees in one continuous course of study. With this accredited program, you complete the MSN with 8-9. You may also choose from three specializations listed above.
At Sacred Heart University, we understand that a graduate education is a significant investment. We are committed to helping students explore all of the available aid options open to them.
Researching financial aid can be confusing. We will be happy to assist you through this process.
Financial Aid Eligibility
Please note that to be considered for federal financial aid, students must meet the following conditions:
- Be a U.S. Citizen or permanent resident (eligible non-citizen) and have documented proof of status
- Admitted and matriculating in a degree program
- Not be in default on a prior federal student loan and not owe a refund on a federal student grant
- Maintaining satisfactory academic progress as defined by the Sacred Heart University Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy