Sacred Heart University was founded in Fairfield, Connecticut, in 1963 to provide an affordable, quality education to the local community. Since then we have grown to become the second-largest Catholic university in New England and our reach now extends around the country and the world via our online programs. Our commitment to educational excellence is reflected in our distinguished full-time faculty, over 80% of whom hold the highest degrees in their fields.
Sacred Heart’s academic signature at the undergraduate level is defined by the importance of the Human Journey—the lifelong search for meaning, values, and intellectual growth during our existence. Professional and personal success is intertwined with the quest to build a better world for the common good. These core beliefs are reflected in our curriculum, mission, and culture.
Master of Science in Applied Psychology
Sacred Heart University offers an online Master of Science in Applied Psychology prepares its students to be a change agent; to stand out for good. Customize your Sacred Heart Master of Applied Psychology (MSAP) to an Industrial and Organizational or Community Psychology specialization to take your career to the next level.
Built on the foundation of a research-driven core curriculum, the Sacred Heart University MSAP program offers a general track as well as two career-oriented concentrations to match your interests and professional goals.
- Industrial-Organizational Psychology: This concentration focuses on applying psychology in the workplace, such as for personnel management, performance assessment, and employee development.
- Community Psychology: Learn how to care for individuals and the general public in settings such as schools and social service agencies.
Master’s in Nursing
Sacred Heart University's Master of Science in Nursing program offers three impactful specializations. Whether you choose Clinical Nurse Leader, Patient Care Services Administration, or Nursing Education as your specialization, you will be prepared not only to advance your career but to advance the nursing profession as an agent of change.
- Clinical Nurse Leader: This specialization focuses on the skills and knowledge needed to fulfill this new and evolving role, such as evaluating patient outcomes, assessing risk, and coordinating with other health care professionals to ensure high quality care. The program prepares students to sit for the American Association of Colleges of Nursing CNL Certificate Exam. Even those students who are not interested in the CNL position can benefit from the integrated knowledge offered in this specialization.
- Patient Care Services Administration: The specialization is designed to prepare you for nursing leadership positions involving administrative responsibility. You’ll learn how to use business and information management, integration of finances, and program evaluation as tools to provide effective and efficient care.
- Nursing education: specialization is designed to complement your clinical experience with skills in teaching and learning. The curriculum is designed to provide you with an understanding of issues in nursing education, application of curriculum design and evaluation theory, and experience in the role of the faculty. Nurse educators are found in both schools of nursing along with hospitals and related healthcare organizations. This program gives students the education to sit for the National League of Nursing (NLN) Nurse Educator Certification Exam.
At Sacred Heart University, we understand that a graduate education is a significant investment. We are committed to helping students explore all of the available aid options open to them.
Researching financial aid can be confusing. We will be happy to assist you through this process.
Financial Aid Eligibility
Please note that to be considered for federal financial aid, students must meet the following conditions:
- Be a U.S. Citizen or permanent resident (eligible non-citizen) and have documented proof of status
- Admitted and matriculating in a degree program
- Not be in default on a prior federal student loan and not owe a refund on a federal student grant
- Maintaining satisfactory academic progress as defined by the Sacred Heart University Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy