Ranked within the Top Online Education Honor Roll for Graduate programs by U.S. News & World Report.
Since its founding in 1929, Quinnipiac University has emerged as a national leader in higher education. Quinnipiac offers over 80 programs to 6,000 undergraduate and 2,500 graduate and law students though its School of Business, School of Communications, School of Medicine, School of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, School of Law and School of Education.
Quinnipiac University Online
- New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC)
- Individual Schools within the university may hold additional accreditations. For more information please contact the admissions office or visit our website.
- Board of Higher Education, State of Connecticut
- School of Business - AACSB International (The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business.
- School of Law - American Bar Association
- School of Health Sciences
- Occupational Therapy (Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education)
- School of Education - National Council for Accreditation for Teacher Education (NCATE)
- Sloan C, Quality Matters
- US News & World Report, Top Online Programs, Honor Roll
Online 24/7 Helpdesk, Career Services, Counseling Services, Health Services, access to our Online Library Resources.
- Type of Institution: Private four-year coed university
- Total Undergraduate Enrollment: 6000
- Total Graduate Enrollment: 2500
- MS in Organizational Leadership
The Master of Science in organizational leadership offers students three professional focus tracks (Human Resources Leadership, Public Service/NonProfit Leadership and Strategic Leadership). The curriculum is designed to foster graduate-level growth and development in six areas essential to leadership:
MS in Organizational Leadership - Human Resource Leadership Track
- Interpersonal and Communication Skills
- Self Awareness and Growth
- Ethics of Leadership
- Understanding, interpreting and using data to improve performance
- Understanding and leading organizations and complex teams
- Strategic analysis and implementation
Hiring, retaining and rewarding a competent workforce are critical to the success of an organization. In today's complex business environment, human resource executives must understand the careful balance that needs to exist between corporate imperatives and the capabilities of staff to effectively accomplish what is in the organization's best interest. With a leadership core that calls for introspection as well as external environmental review, students in this track focus on the special challenges of the human resources field relating to staffing, rewards systems and employee development.
MS in Organizational Leadership - Non-Profit/Public Service Leadership Track
The need for capable leaders in the nonprofit and public management domains has never been greater. Shrinking state governments, fundraising challenges, regulatory reform and the ever-present growing need for services and support add up to an environment where individuals who can see the big picture and understand the bottom line are critical to organizations that have the needs of others at their core. Students who choose this track have the opportunity to build a foundation of knowledge that can be applied to successful careers.
MS in Interactive Media
MS in Interactive Media - The School of communications' master of science program in interactive media focuses on the principles and practices of creating content for distribution through the internet, portable media devices and related digital platforms. The program's mission is to provide a master's level education where students prepare to become interactive leaders, producers, and managers for national and global organizations.
Whether you own a small business or work in a multinational corporation, Quinnipiac’s program offers specific knowledge and skills that are designed especially for current—and future—business realities. In addition to such time-tested skills as financing, marketing, and accounting, Quinnipiac has developed timely courses in business communications, business ethics, the legal environment and people-oriented management. The MBA program is ideal for part-time students who are currently employed and wish to move forward in their careers. Quinnipiac’s MBA program also encourages applications from students who plan on full-time study and have limited work experience. We welcome students who have planned for a bachelor of science–master of business administration sequence, international students and those who wish to change careers.
MBA Health Care Management - Track
Building on Quinnipiac's 20 years of experience in training successful health care administrators working in all areas of the industry, the Master of Business Administration in Health Care Management program (MBA/HCM) includes critically important business courses combined with courses providing a thorough grounding in health care administration. The program prepares students to function effectively in any area within health care including, as examples, insurance companies, government agencies, hospitals, physician practices, health centers, diagnostic facilities, nursing homes and assisted living facilities. It focuses on developing important professional skills required of entry level and mid-career administrators.
MS in Teacher Leadership
Graduates of the program will understand current research on learning theory and human motivation and be able to use that knowledge to promote the continuous improvement of student learning. They will value and understand diverse perspectives, establish goals and work cooperatively with colleagues and school administrators to improve the quality of school programs, and utilize multiple strategies to help shape the school culture in a way that fosters collaboration among all stakeholders to establish rigorous academic standards for all students.
- MS in Information Technology
Quinnipiac University's School of Business Master of Science in information technology (MSIT) program is a management program designed for IT professionals who want to advance their careers while continuing to work within the information technology field. Graduates are prepared to assume management and leadership positions designing, developing and delivering innovative technological solutions for a wide variety of organizations. Students who complete the program are prepared to:
- Lead and manage teams of information professionals in the development of high quality systems and services.
- Develop a deep understanding of how IT supports business organizations.
- Understand the strategic use of information systems and how business acquisitions impact the information systems functions.
- Understand the business aspects of information systems development and application in organizations.
- Develop, plan, control and staff to organize the management processes for systems development, systems delivery and/or systems support.
- Prepare general managers with technical information systems competencies.