Norwich University's tradition of excellence and proud military heritage that began at its campus in 1819 is reflected in its online graduate programs. All of the Norwich online programs offer relevant, focused curricula, and small, interactive classes. As an institution long associated with innovation in education and the preparation of the nation's business, government, and military leaders, Norwich faculty and its graduates continue to contribute to the development of the economic, political, and social infrastructure of the nation and the world.
March, June, September, December
Norwich University is accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges, Inc., through its Commission on Institutions of Higher Education.
- Total Undergraduate Enrollment: 2,026
- Total Graduate Enrollment: 1,800
- Percent of Graduate Enrollment by Gender: Male- 63.7%, Female - 36.3%
Convenient Online Distance Learning
The Norwich Online programs are delivered asynchronously to give you the ability to factor in the demands of your personal life and professional duties. Norwich University also provides 24/7 technical support with access issues within the classroom, to ensure you can learn any time of the day. The 15-18 month online coursework is capped off with a 1-week residency trip in June to Norwich University, located in the heart of Vermont's Green Mountains.
Master of Business Administration
Norwich University’s MBA online program helps professionals expand their knowledge, refine their skills, and discover the tools needed to achieve results. Norwich University’s accredited MBA online program was designed to prepare you for real-world challenges in the fast-paced business environment, and the tuition is competitively priced. Acceptance is based on a combination of work experience and a GPA of 2.7 or higher. Choose either the general MBA which provides a breadth of foundational courses in business management, or specialize in one of the following concentrations: Finance, Organizational Leadership, or Project Management.
Master of Civil Engineering
Based on recent recommendations from the American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE), Norwich University's Master of Civil Engineering offers you a "3-in-1" online program. The MCE blends civil engineering technical competencies with business management principles and project management fundamentals. You can customize the program by choosing a concentration in: Structural Engineering, Environmental/Water Resources Engineering, Geotechnical Engineering, or Construction Management. The comprehensive curriculum will provide you with the knowledge to efficiently manage projects from design to implementation. Our learning model combines relevant theory with real-world application for immediate results. Norwich is the first private university in the United States to offer a civil engineering program. If you’re in need of refreshing your skills, but do not have the necessary background to be successful in the program, prerequisite courses are available.
Master of Arts in Diplomacy
Norwich University’s Master of Arts in Diplomacy online program gives you the knowledge, perspective and insight that are critical to your success, whether your field is politics, business, journalism or any other specialty. You’ll have the opportunity to learn from accomplished faculty and peers from across the globe, and help position yourself for steady advancement in an international career. Choose from one of three concentrations: International Commerce, International Terrorism or International Conflict Management.
Master of Arts in Military History
The Norwich University Master of Arts in Military History program is delivered conveniently online and designed to provide students with a base of historical knowledge within the field of military history, build an awareness of differing historical interpretations, and develop the ability to synthesize diverse types of historical knowledge. The program will build and refine students’ research, writing, analysis, and presentation skills to help advance careers and gain an in depth knowledge of military history. The program provides a comprehensive overview and analysis of the theories, strategies and execution of warfare by examining conflict over the ages. Norwich is the birthplace of the ROTC and the first private military college in the country. Our graduates have fought in every war since its founding in 1819.
Master of Arts in History
The Master of Arts in History online program at Norwich University gives you the opportunity to embark on a pivotal educational voyage into the past. This thought-provoking degree program allows you to analyze, discuss, and debate the key historical moments, events, and people that helped to shape the current world in which we live.
- The Master of Arts in History – American History online degree program is designed to expand your existing expertise and fortify your knowledge of American History, all while preparing you with the skills to critically review and interpret themes of this great nation’s history. From colonial times and birth of our nation, through the Civil War and into the present day, gain fresh perspective when you apply from historiographical methods to your exploration of American History.
- The Master of Arts in History – World History online degree program examines history from the dawn of human civilization through the Cold War in the late 20th century. In addition to analyzing the major developments, events, and figures of the past, students cultivate their own point of view that takes into account differing schools of historical thought, various research methods, and the limitations inherent in chronicling history.
Master of Public Administration
General MPA Program -
Today’s public servants, now more than ever, need exceptional leadership skills to find solutions and make tough decisions. Learn with a leader who has been focusing on public service, leadership and experiential learning since 1819. Norwich offers a rigorous and comprehensive, yet flexible MPA online program to help you meet the challenges of serving the public with initiative, integrity, and skill at the state, federal, or local levels. Begin with core curriculum that focuses on policy, research and analysis, law, human resources and organizational leadership. Then, have the choice to customize your degree in 1 of 5 concentrations or select two seminars across any of these concentrations.
- Master of Public Administration – Criminal Justice Get the knowledge you need to help prepare you to become a criminal justice leader. The Norwich MPA online program – Criminal Justice Concentration prepares students with the essentials of law enforcement and corrections administration, as well as public safety and emergency management. From best practices to information system security to workforce development, the MPA program offers a strong foundation on which to build your criminal justice career. Beyond policy, prevention, and planning, this program focuses on teaching the preeminent leadership skills that have been part of Norwich’s rich tradition since 1819.
- Master of Public Administration – Leadership Concentration Leadership: learn it and live it at Norwich. The school’s rich tradition of educating the nation’s government, military, and business leaders carries on today in this MPA online program concentration. Leadership fundamentals are taught by studying present and past leaders. A focus on emotional intelligence aims to help students increase their ability to work more effectively with others. Additional key program components include understanding and collaboratively embracing and managing change, developing strategic communication skills, and defining personal leadership style.
- Master of Public Administration – Organizational Leadership Concentration For those seeking to lead at an organizational level, understanding leadership concepts and theory is essential. Learn leadership at Norwich, just as some of the nation’s top government, military and business leaders have since 1819. Topics such as principled decision-making underscore the importance of ethical practices to promoting sustainable and respected organizations. Other key topics include personal leadership style; strategic communication; and forward-thinking concepts of coaching, mentoring and succession planning to best leverage the human capital in an organization.
- Master of Public Administration – Public Organization Fiscal Management Concentration – Learn leadership skills that can help you guide the people you manage to perform effectively, ethically, and with a high level of fiduciary responsibility at Norwich, an educator of government, military, and business leaders since 1819. The MPA online program – Public Organization Fiscal Management Concentration explores the legal and regulatory foundation for financial reporting and accountability. In addition it addresses 4 main areas: budget preparation, strategic financial management strategies, bond and tax financial resources, and cash and employee retirement fund management.
- Master of Public Administration – Public Works Concentration Learn advanced leadership skills that can make a difference in your public organization with a university known for teaching leadership to government, military, and business luminaries since 1819. Norwich’s MPA online program – Public Works Concentration focuses on local, state, regional, and national master public works planning while emphasizing best practices for leadership and management. Norwich’s experiential learning philosophy makes studying public works policy, communication, environmental enforcement and emergency management relevant to your current position as you prepare for the future.
Master of Science in Information Security & Assurance
Norwich University's Master of Science in Information Security & Assurance online program allows information security professionals to integrate their technical competencies with business management skills. A comprehensive core curriculum and an individual case study project equip graduates with the skills to manage and lead an organization-wide information security program. Since 2002, the National Security Agency (NSA) and Department of Homeland Security (DHS) have designated Norwich University as one of the first Centers of Academic Excellence in Information Assurance Education in the country. Our unique seminar system presents highly integrated material by functional area, rather than in separate, concurrent course segments. In addition to the core curriculum you will also be able to delve further into specific-subject areas through concentration courses.
- Master of Science in Information Security & Assurance - Managing Cyber Forensic and Digital Incidents Managing Cyber Forensic and Digital Incidents - Norwich University's Master of Science in Information Security & Assurance online program allows information security professionals to integrate their technical competencies with business management skills. The Managing Cyber Crime and Digital Incidents concentration offers students a dual perspective on computer security and cyber forensics. The National Security Agency (NSA) and Department of Homeland Security (DHS) have designated Norwich University as one of the first Centers of Academic Excellence in Information Assurance Education in the country.
- Master of Science in Information Security & Assurance – Project Management Project Management – Norwich University’s Master of Science in Information Security & Assurance online program allows public and private sector information security professionals to integrate their technical competencies with business management skills. The Project Management concentration allows you to focus on the key elements of project management, while introducing important project leadership, communication and team management skills. The National Security Agency (NSA) and Department of Homeland Security (DHS) have designated Norwich University as one of the first Centers of Academic Excellence in Information Assurance Education in the country.
Master of Science in Nursing
Now more than ever nursing educators and administrators are needed to train the nurses of tomorrow and lead organizations that deliver critical health care services. Both of these important nursing functions – education and administration – offer you the opportunity to advance your career, attain greater life-work balance, and realize personal growth. Norwich University, a nearly 200-year old institution that has trained the nation’s military and civilian leaders, offers a CCNE-accredited Master of Science in Nursing online program that provides you with the skills needed to become a leader in the nursing field, and the opportunity to specialize in one of two concentrations: nursing administration or nursing education.
Master of Science in Leadership
Driven leaders do so much more than cultivate the success of an organization - they make a lasting impact that resonates through every facet of an organization. Norwich University’s Master of Science in Leadership online program emboldens multi-faceted leaders and emerging leaders to actively hone their skills.
Our curriculum provides students with a multidisciplinary framework where you examine key concepts such as organizational behavior, human capital management, strategic communication, change management, and emotional intelligence through case studies and workplace-based projects. You will then learn to identify, understand and apply your own leadership methods to real-world scenarios with the expert mentorship of dedicated faculty and dynamic student to student interactions.
A master's degree in leadership from Norwich can help you make a greater impact.
Earn your Master of Science in Leadership with Norwich University.