Founded in 1932, Lewis University is a Catholic, not-for-profit university rich in traditions of adult education and leadership training. Nationally recognized by U.S. News & World Report and The Princeton Review for ten consecutive years, Lewis University provides a variety of online and on-campus programs in all academic areas. Sponsored by the De La Salle Christian Brothers, Lewis prepares ethically grounded, globally aware, and socially responsible graduates.
Expert Faculty & Learning Experience
Lewis emphasizes faculty/student interaction with a relational style of teaching and learning where students are challenged, supported and have the opportunity to learn from their peers. With the majority of faculty holding the highest degree in their field and many being experienced practitioners, our instructors are experts that bring academic success and real world experiences to the classroom. Excellent teaching is a top priority at Lewis, which is why there are no teaching assistants.
Catholic – Lasallian
8 week terms (online programs)
The Higher Learning Commission and a member of the North Central Association
- 9th largest not-for-profit university in Illinois
- Nationally recognized by U.S. News & World Report, The Princeton Review, Colleges of Distinction, College Access & Opportunity and GI Jobs
- Designated as a National Center for Academic Excellence in Information Assurance Education by the National Security Agency (NSA) and the Department of Homeland Security (DHS)
- Largest undergraduate program in Criminal Social/Justice among private universities in Illinois
- FBINNA Gold Academic Alliance Member
- 9 men’s and 9 women’s sports (NCAA Division II)
- More than 100 clubs and organizations
Master of Arts in Organizational Leadership - Not for Profit Management: Focuses on understanding organizational cultures and systems and working with the community. You will learn strategies in planning, stewardship, and effective integration with external support. This is a multi-dimensional curriculum which focuses on knowledge from business, communication arts, social sciences and the humanities.
Master of Arts in Organizational Leadership - Higher Education - Student Services: Focuses on adult learning models and practices. You will study strategies in maximizing organizational change and establishing mission and direction. As you explore systems and services in higher education you will develop effective team building skills and learn strategies in planning, design, and delivery of student services. This interdisciplinary program combines a keen understanding of human behavior with leadership techniques and progressive management.
Master of Arts in Organizational Leadership - Training and Development: You will learn strategies in planning, design, and delivery of training plus you will explore the psychology of motivation. Professionals looking to advance into leadership positions will be able to problem solve, transform, inspire and motivate their organizations given the knowledge from this program.
Master of Arts in Organizational Leadership - Organizational Management: You will develop skills in finance, team building, and strategic planning. This is an interdisciplinary program, which incorporates knowledge from business, communication arts, social sciences and the humanities into a multi-dimensional leadership curriculum and includes a three day weekend residency near the end of the program.
Master of Arts in Organizational Leadership - Executive Coaching: Focus on executive coaching tools and techniques that can help transform individuals into effective and trusted leaders – all taught by qualified coaching practitioners. Participants will:
- Study the most up-to-date research-based coaching strategies and best practices, as well as the theories behind them
- Use research models to determine personal coaching styles
- Develop the ability to coach both on the phone as well as face-to-face
- Learn how to establish a practice, whether it is inside an organization or as an independent coach
Fully Accredited: Coursework for the Organizational and Leadership Coaching concentration is accredited by the International Coach Federation (ICF). This concentration is one of the few programs available that offers ICF preparation for credentialing within the context of an online master’s degree program.
Master of Science in Criminal/Social Justice: Join the ranks of more than 40 alumni serving as police chiefs nationwide. They have two things in common — a rewarding career and a Master of Science in Criminal/Social Justice from Lewis University. With two distinctive tracks, this highly marketable degree prepares you to be the newest addition in a community of leaders. A leader who’s hard work ethic and tenacity allows them to protect and defend human rights and social justice at a higher level. Choose from two tracks to customize your degree:
- Homeland Security: Be prepared to protect your country and fellow Americans. Learn the latest advanced training in disaster response, terrorism prevention and continuity planning. Upon completion of this track, you will graduate with a highly sought after skill set ideal for positions within the government as well as private or public law enforcement.
- Custom Criminal/Social Justice: Take an active and prominent role in helping to maintain a peaceful community. Customize a curriculum to fit your goals, choose from courses in juvenile justice and domestic violence to correction and white-collar crime. This track empowers you to choose the career path that best fits your needs, allowing you to provide guidance and inspiration to those in need.
Master of Science in Information Security - Managerial: Focuses on the impact of information security on individual lives and personal privacy and the growing information security risks facing business and government. You will learn strategies for securing information and the influence of laws and public policy on how information is secured. The Master of Science in Information Security program explores the theory and practice of IT security on a global scale, the latest advances in all of the involved technologies, as well as the multi-layered issues on the legal and ethical levels facing IT security professionals.
Master of Science in Information Security - Technical: The curriculum covers processing systems, secure operating systems, applications, network security, cryptography, security protocols, and other issues that confront those charged with securing information networks. This degree takes problem solving to a new level challenging student to analyze and strategize in unconventional ways.
Graduates from this program will be able to safeguard businesses and government agencies from the growing risks and threats to IT functionality, integrity and data privacy they face on a daily basis. This degree fully explores the theory and practice of IT security on a global scale along with the latest technologies in all of the involved technologies. Near the end of this program students will attend a three day weekend residency.
Master of Education in Curriculum & Instruction - Reading: Foster literacy and a love of reading with studies in reading assessment, literature and writing skills, and the most effective teaching methods in this area. The program is designed in response to the demands of Common Core and an emphasis on improved student outcomes. This is also offered as an 18 credit hour graduate certificate.
Master of Education in Curriculum & Instruction - English as a Second Language: Help students develop their English speaking, reading and comprehension skills by studying relevant cultural and linguistic issues, state and national standards, and appropriate methodologies for teaching and assessment. Transform yourself into an expert educator who promotes social justice and engages a multicultural classroom. This is also offered as an 18 credit hour graduate certificate.
Master of Education in Curriculum & Instruction - Special Education: Support students with learning challenges in various developmental phases by exploring their needs, potential disorders and the most effective methodology to monitor their academic and social growth and development. This is also offered as an 18 credit hour graduate certificate.
Enjoy an Education from a Yellow Ribbon School
Lewis University is a proud Yellow Ribbon GI Education Enhancement Program participant. The program allows qualified veterans to receive financial assistance from Veterans Affairs to help cover your education costs, should your degree program's tuition exceed the cap for the Post-9/11 GI Bill for the state of Illinois.
If you qualify as an eligible Post-9/11 veteran*, you'll have more than one hundred approved education programs at Lewis University from which to choose — tuition-free!
*According to the US Department of Veterans Affairs, you may be eligible if:
- You served an aggregate period of active duty after September 10, 2001, of at least 36 months
- You were honorably discharged from active duty for a service connected disability and you served 30 continuous days after September 10, 2001
- You are a dependent eligible for Transfer of Entitlement under the Post-9/11 GI Bill based on a veteran's service under the eligibility criteria listed above.