Why Kaplan University?
- U.S. News & World Report ranked our online bachelor’s degree program among the nation’s best.
- Our IT pilot lifted student grades by 9%, cited in Fast Company naming Kaplan the 3rd Most Innovative Education Company in the World.
- In national surveys, our learners showed higher levels of satisfaction compared to those at other institutions.
Pursue Your Goals with a Kaplan University Education
Welcome to online education the Kaplan University way—a supportive human touch combined with the technology of distance learning. There are no job interruptions or travel expenses, and Kaplan University is ready to provide you with the personal attention and academic support you need. Pursue your college degree or professional certificate on a schedule that fits your life.
Some of the innovative learning opportunities provided by Kaplan University include:
- Professors with real-world experience and up-to-date knowledge
- Discussion boards that allow you to interact with professors and fellow classmates
- Online access to the UAH Salmon Library at the University of Alabama
Building on a long and distinguished history as an academic pioneer,* Kaplan University has become one of the world’s leading providers of online education.
Kaplan University provides special support services for our military students, including a flexible deployment policy and consideration of military training experience and prior coursework for college credit.**** The undergraduate tuition rate has been reduced up to 55 percent per quarter credit hour for active-duty servicemembers and reservists. For veterans, undergraduate tuition is reduced up to 38 percent per quarter credit hour. Kaplan University also offers reduced tuition rates on graduate programs and for military spouses. Kaplan University participates in the Yellow Ribbon Program and is a member of the Servicemembers Opportunity Colleges Consortium (SOC).
*Founded in 1938, Kaplan, Inc., is a leading global provider of educational and career services for individuals, schools, and businesses. Kaplan University is a part of Kaplan Higher Education LLC, which is a subsidiary of Kaplan, Inc., a subsidiary of Graham Holdings Company.
** Classes will count toward a student’s degree if satisfactorily completed. No credits are earned if the student withdraws during the introductory period. The introductory period is five weeks and begins day one of the student’s first academic term. If at any point during the introductory period a student chooses to opt out, he or she will have no other obligation to the University except for the application fee. Only available to new students; continuing students are not eligible.
***Additional terms and conditions apply. Contact your Financial Aid Advisor for further details. Scholarship awards and eligibility requirements are subject to change. Tuition reduction is subject to change in the event of a decrease in credit hour price for undergraduate programs. Scholarship cannot be used in conjunction with any other Kaplan University discount, voucher, or scholarship.
****See University Catalog for Transfer of Credit policy.
Kaplan University offers a wide variety of educational programs including:
- Associate in Applied Science in Medical Assisting
- Associate in Applied Science in Fire Science
- Associate of Applied Science in Public Administration
- And many more
- Bachelor of Science in Environmental Policy and Management
- Bachelor of Science in Information Technology
- RN to Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Administration
- And many more
- Master of Arts in Education
- Master of Business Administration
- Master of Psychology
- Master of Science in Information Systems and Technology
- Master of Science in Nursing
- Master of Science in Criminal Justice
- Master of Public Administration
- And many more
“My experience at Kaplan continues to be one of encouragement, continued challenge, and phenomenal mentoring. The process began so easily; I started with three leadership courses and continued on through the MBA process…. the breadth of detail [of] each course … far exceeds my expectations.
My experience at Kaplan Graduate School of Management has been life-changing. Acting as an ambassador, my experience has been filled with even more satisfaction. Being able to help mentor others is a blessing and an honor.
For some, attending college is an obligation and a duty. For me it is an honor and a privilege! Thank you, Kaplan!”
– Nina B. Donnelly, MBA Graduate
Kaplan Ambassadors and Leaders Member
School of Business and Management
“Kaplan [University] has been instrumental in helping me not only meet my short term goals [but also] the ones that I had never thought I would accomplish. I loved the structure of the program because for a real person in the real world, you can really do it. It wasn’t overwhelming. It was possible.”
– Michelle Parmeter
2009 Graduate, Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice
“If someone wants to go back to school, I would definitely suggest Kaplan University. In terms of its flexibility, the academic advice you receive, the quality of its tutors….everything they offer is one of the best. All of the faculty members have instant messaging, email, and office hours where you can contact them. You can [also] post [questions] on discussion boards or you can email other students.”
– James Murphy
Bachelor of Science in Information Technology Student