Since 1949, Grand Canyon University has been helping students find their purpose and achieve their potential by preparing them to pursue the profession of their dreams, advance in their current occupation, or re-career into a different field. As a Christian university, GCU also encourages students to find their purpose in Christ, with an emphasis on applying Christian values and ethics to their studies and to the workplace.
Grand Canyon University
The Higher Learning Commission and its predecessor have continually accredited Grand Canyon University since 1968, obtaining its most recent ten-year reaccreditation in 2007. In addition, the University has obtained specialized accreditations and approvals for our core programs. Please visit Accreditation for a complete list.
- Grand Canyon University was ranked as a top 10 school for Online programs in ‘07, ‘08, & ‘09 by the Online Education Database (oedb.org).
- “Among Top 5 Colleges for Entrepreneurs.” – Fortune Small Business Magazine, 2007
- “Among Top 10 Accredited Online Universities” – Fox.com, 2008
- “Among Top 25 Online Colleges” – The Guide to Online Schools, 2009
- G.I. Jobs Military Friendly School in 2012 and 2013
Traditional campus-based students enjoy Phoenix’s 300 days of annual sunshine, major league sports, culture, recreation, and of course, the incomparable Grand Canyon just four hours away. Campus students enjoy modern dormitories, an array of social activities, a state-of-the-art exercise and wellness facility, ten different NCAA sports, and opportunities to participate in community outreach programs to genuinely make a difference.
Approximately 40,000 Online Students
- Community outreach programs