One of 28 Jesuit colleges and universities in the United States, Gonzaga University is a private, not-for-profit university situated on a 108-acre campus along the beautiful Spokane River in Spokane, Washington. We follow a long and distinguished tradition of humanistic, Catholic, and Jesuit education. Our philosophy is based on the 450 year-old Ignatian model that aims to educate the whole person—mind, body and spirit.
Institutional control: private, not-for-profit
Regionally accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Schools (NWCCS) and are a member of the Association of Jesuit Colleges and Universities.
- Cited as one of Princeton Review’s “Best in the West” in August 2010 and NO. 18 for Most Religous Students (2011). Gonzaga University gives its students a great sense of community, where they embrace Jesuit traditions, indulge in community service and participate enthusiastically in intramural sports and cheer on the Zags men’s basketball team.
- Gonzaga’s MA in Communication and Leadership Studies was awarded the prestigious 2010 Innovative Master’s Degree Program Award by the National Communication Association.
- Kiplinger Ranks Gonzaga University 30th Best Value Among Private Universities in Nation, February 2011.
- #1 Peace Corp. volunteers (small colleges/universities).
The Gonzaga Difference
- Regionally Accredited: One of the highest levels of accreditation a college or university can obtain
- Affordable: We offer competitive tuition and generous financial aid programs
- Expert Instruction: Every online master’s is developed in partnership with industry experts and professional instructional designers
- Flexible Scheduling: Individualized master’s degree plans and course patterns
- Tailored Learning: Research projects are customized to your specific organizational problems
- Interactive: Interact fully with your Professors and other students in unique virtual classroom settings
MA in Communication & Leadership Studies
Gonzaga’s online Master’s in Communication & Leadership Studies is a rigorous program, that blends communication theory with a practical leadership skill set. Students have the advantage of earning a degree in both communication and leadership. This sets Gonzaga’s graduates apart in the workforce.
Our students learn the latest communication theory and also learn the leadership skills necessary to build alliances, change the status quo and handle a crisis head-on. In short, graduates have a mastery level of communication, and also the leadership acumen required to get things done.
The 36 credit hour curriculum includes core courses like Communication and Organizational Ethics and Organizational Leadership, along with many electives and optional study abroad opportunities in places like Italy and Northern Ireland.
MA in Organizational Leadership
This interdisciplinary, online leadership degree prepares students to become confident, charismatic leaders able to take on the opportunity and challenge of guiding and revamping modern organizations toward greater success. With a curriculum that combines research from the social sciences, communications, the arts and humanities, and business, students develop enhanced abilities in creative thinking, problem solving, and inspirational leadership. Coursework emphasizes the concept of servant leadership and its core principles of listening, trust, collaboration, empathy and ethics.
The leadership skills students develop in this program will serve them over the course of a career and can be applied to advanced positions in any field or industry.
The MA in Organizational Leadership curriculum has no finance, accounting, or statistics courses. Core courses cover Organizational Theory, Leadership and Diversity, and Ethics. Electives such as Renaissance Leadership for 21st Century held in Florence, Italy, and Leadership, Community, Empowerment, Collaboration and Dialogue, held at the St. Andrews Abbey in Valyermo, CA, are examples of the many opportunities that students have to customize their program to achieve their personal and professional goals.
Benefits to Members of the Military
Gonzaga offers special benefits to members of the armed services, including a tuition discount of 10% to both active service members and members in the reserves, as well as their spouses. In addition, the flexibility and portability of our online programs make them ideal for those who face possible deployment and frequent moves. To help answer your questions and work with you during your time with Gonzaga, we offer dedicated staff members to help you with processes related to the GI Bill and tuition reimbursement from the military.