About Creighton University
Creighton University, a top tier university, was founded in 1878 and approaches education with a passion for learning and a zeal for making a difference in our world. Our Jesuit vision commits us to form women and men of competence, conscience, and compassion who have learned from reflecting upon their experiences of being for and working with others.
Creighton University has been awarded Regional Accreditation by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC), a Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools (NCA), the highest accreditation for universities
The College of Business Administration at Creighton has been accredited by The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business - AACSB International.
- Creighton University is ranked #1 among comprehensive Midwestern universities by U.S. News & World Report, America's Best Colleges Edition.
- Creighton University is ranked #1 Best Value school among comprehensive Midwestern universities by U.S. News & World Report, America's Best Colleges Edition.
- Creighton University was named the No. 2 'Up and Coming' Regional University for making the most promising and innovative changes in the area of academics, faculty, and student life by U.S. News & World Report.
- Creighton University is listed in the top 400 universities in the world according to The Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2012-2013 administered by Thomson Reuters. The rankings are based on 13 performance indicators that look at teaching, research, knowledge transfer and international outlook.
- Creighton University was ranked as one of the nation's top 376 colleges and universities in the Princeton Review's 2013 edition of the annual college guide.
Master of Public Health – Health Policy Ethics
From access to health care to health-related law and health care reform, this concentration explores public health at a legislative, institutional and ethical level. Graduates will understand how health and well-being can be influenced by government and private action and how ethical systems can be created through policies and laws that impact health care and public health.
Master of Public Health – Public Health Services Administration
Leadership and management of health-related agencies and organizations is the focus of this concentration. Students explore best practices for the promotion and protection of public health as applied to a variety of public-sector, non-profit and private settings. From service delivery to strategic and program planning, students will develop invaluable leadership and administrative skills specific to the public health environment.
MS in Health Care Ethics
The Master of Science in Health Care Ethics is an interdisciplinary degree offered entirely online through the Center for Health Policy and Ethics (CHPE) at Creighton University. This unique program is designed for students who desire a comprehensive understanding of the field of bioethics and who are seeking to make an impact in the areas of healthcare education, health policy and who are looking to expand their area of competency to include, the impact of relevant historical, cultural, philosophical, political, economic and legal issues in health care practices and policies, and their impact on vulnerable populations. End-of-life care, the allocation of resources, and issues facing ethics committees are some of the many focuses addressed in this Master’s program.