Join a Leader in Online Legal Education
For more than a decade Concord has been a leader in the development of online law school programs that are designed to be comprehensive, challenging, accessible, and affordable. Every day Concord demonstrates that rigorous, interactive and broad legal education can be delivered in the online environment.
With over 1,000 graduates, Concord is now Concord Law School of Kaplan University. Though always a member of the Kaplan family, the formal merger of Concord into Kaplan University in the fall of 2007 not only made Concord the first online law school to be part of a regionally accredited institution of higher learning, but it reflects the continuing maturation and progress of Concord’s program.
Concord’s Innovative Online Law Programs
Students often have different goals and objectives for their legal education. With this in mind, Concord offers several programs that focus on the individual needs of students:
- Juris Doctor: Concord’s four-year, part-time program is designed to satisfy the legal education requirement of the State Bar of California and cultivates the skills and knowledge derived from a rigorous JD curriculum.*
- Executive Juris Doctor: Concord’s EJD program attracts students who seek the advantages of a legal education without the regulatory requirements of the bar exam.
- Small Business Practice LLM: The Concord Small Business Practice LLM is designed for practicing attorneys and recent law school graduates who want an in-depth, practical knowledge of the legal issues unique to small business.
*Qualified Juris Doctor graduates may apply for admission to the State Bar of California. The Executive Juris Doctor degree is not aligned with the requirements to sit for the California Bar Exam.
“What surprised me most about Concord was the quality of the education and the professors. Since I wasn’t paying traditional law school prices I expected some cutting of corners or lowering of standards, but this simply wasn’t the case. Everything was of a very high caliber.”
– Shiva Gill, Juris Doctor, Class of Winter 07
“ My practice and my life are a whirlwind of activity thanks to my Concord legal education. It is the first time in my 50 plus years I have felt pushed to my cognitive limits. It is wonderful to really have to think all the time. I refuse to gradually go from standing to sitting to lying down as I get older. I plan on jumping up and down with the joy of my new career for decades to come! ”
– Joy Nonnweiler, Juris Doctor, Class of Winter 07
“ I could never have attended a local law school and still been able to keep both my jobs had it not been for Concord. Yet, I took the quality of the legal education I was receiving for granted until I compared notes with a few local law students I met. They told me that the only tests they had were their midterm and final exams, so they had no idea of how they were doing all year. We had periodic quizzes and essays all year long so we had a pretty good idea of our strengths and weaknesses… What’s more, several told me that their legal writing class only involved learning to write an appellate brief, while ours was much more useful and taught us to write letters, briefs, and motions. Even today, several of the judges I practice before have commended me on my legal writing. Concord’s program forced me to become more organized in both thought and delivery. ”
– Linda Markowsky, Juris Doctor, Class of Winter 05