Online Learning at Concordia University - Portland
Concordia University - Portland online offers one year Master of Education programs that can help you take the next step in your career. Our accelerated online classes are five weeks in length and are designed to help you develop new strategies for your classroom in addition to expanding your knowledge as an educator. Through our program format, you will not only study and grow with student peers just like yourself, but you will be able to do so in the comfort of your own home and at your convenience. Concordia University - Portland online is dedicated to providing its students with the tools necessary to enhance individual teaching and leadership skills, as well as promote an inclusive learning environment that fosters discussion and stimulates intellectual rigor. Scholarships, grants and other forms of financial aid may also be available to help students with their tuition. To find out if you qualify and to learn more about our programs, simply submit your information now.
Why choose Concordia University - Portland online?
Concordia University - Portland online programs can help you:
- Get your master’s degree in one year
- Further your education on your schedule, from the comfort of your home
- A master's degree could mean a salary increase in your school district
- Use research-based best practices to have a more powerful impact on education
- Further your education through affordable financial aid and competitive tuition
Concordia University - Portland online is accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities, and is affiliated with the Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod, and is a member of the Concordia University System.
All students enrolling in our M.Ed or online Ed.D program will receive an Apple iPad and free textbooks to enhance the learning experience.
M.Ed. Educational Leadership
Advance your career as a recognized education leader, learn how to influence a collaborative work environment and gain management skills you can put to work in the public or private sector. Become a Community College Student Services Director or Subject Matter Department Chair, Education Advisor in the District Superintendent's Cabinet, Education Lobbyist, or Corporate Trainer.
M.Ed. in Curriculum & Instruction
Several specializations available include the following:
- Curriculum & Instruction: Reading
- Curriculum & Instruction: Mathematics
- Curriculum & Instruction: Science
- Curriculum & Instruction: Environmental Education
- Curriculum & Instruction: Career and Technical Education (CTE)
- Curriculum & Instruction: Common Core State Standards Instructional Leader
- Curriculum & Instruction: eLearning/Technology Education
- Curriculum & Instruction: The Inclusive Classroom (SPED)
- Curriculum & Instruction: Methods & Curriculum
- Curriculum & Instruction: ESOL (K-Adult)
- Curriculum & Instruction: ECE
- Curriculum & Instruction: Teacher Leadership
- Curriculum & Instruction: Adolescent Literacy
- Curriculum & Instruction: English Language Development
- Curriculum & Instruction: Social Studies
Teacher Leadership (EDD) &
Educational Administration (EDD)
The aim of this Doctorate degree – offered completely online – is to prepare candidates to become transformational education leaders. This three year accredited Ed.D. program consists of courses which are seven and a half weeks in length, and are limited to 15 candidates per cohort to ensure program quality. Highlighting the innovative aspect of this degree, a virtual residency is part of the online program, making Concordia’s Ed.D. program among the first in the nation to extend the benefits of online education to the residency component of doctoral education programs. Students can choose from two concentration strands: Teacher Leadership and Educational Administration. Students enrolled in this program will gain the skills needed to make immediate and long-term positive impacts in schools, government, academia, business, and not-for-profit organizations.
Scholarships, grants, and other forms of financial aid may be available to help students with their tuition. To find out if you qualify, simply submit your information, and one of our enrollment specialists will contact you shortly.