Founded in 1878, Champlain College is a private, not-for-profit college with a long tradition of educating professionals for leadership roles by providing high-quality, career-centered education. Our career-driven approach to higher education prepares students for their professional life from their very first semester.
- Among the first colleges to offer full degree programs online, Champlain has been a leader in distance education since 1993.
- Champlain’s online degree programs are ranked among the top 3 nationally by the Online Education Database.
6 terms offered per year
Champlain College is accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges Commission on Institution of Higher Education.
- Top Ranked - Champlain College ranked #15 in the category of Regional Colleges (North) and Voted “Top Up and Comer” in U.S. News & World Report 2014 Best Colleges Ranking
- Ranked among the Princeton Review's 378 Best Colleges: 2014 Edition
MSL Students include:
- Vice Presidents of Operations
- Directors of Legal Services
- Managers of Employee and Labor Relations
- Directors of Policy and Administrative Procedures
- Human Resource Specialists
Clubs and Activities:
Over 50 programs exist, and students are invited to create their own.
Master of Science in Law - Think and Act Confidently with Lawyers and the Law
The Master of Science in Law degree at Champlain College can give you the legal knowledge and expertise needed to help distinguish yourself from your peers and open up career advancing opportunities.
This program allows you to become a valuable resource in navigating the legal waters of contracts, regulations, and privacy, security, healthcare and employment laws. Whether you’re in business, manufacturing, health services, or another field, this program will help you develop the skills to work confidently with lawyers and the law. As a graduate, you’ll be taught the skills to:
- Find and interpret laws affecting business activity
- Identify and handle situations with legal implications
- Keep problems from escalating to the point where legal counsel is required
- Converse with lawyers, using legal terminology and concepts, to make the most effective use of your legal counsel
In addition, the MSL has special value for foreign attorneys and foreign business executives preparing themselves to work effectively with the American legal system and for paralegals who want additional training and an advanced degree.
- 24 Months to Graduate – accredited by the New England Association of Schools & Colleges.
- No GMAT or GRE – With no exams to take, start quickly in one of our six terms offered per year
- 100% Online – Flexible format allows you to fit in school at times that work best with your schedule