Boston University at a Glance
Boston University, founded in 1839, is the fourth-largest independent university in the United States with two primary campuses in the heart of Boston and programs around the world. Through the 18 schools and colleges, Boston University offers a total of more than 250 degree programs and enrolls more than 30,000 students. Boston University is one of the nation’s leading research-based universities.
Boston University currently employs more than 3,400 faculty members and has been the chosen education provider for several key political and social figures. It is with pride that we count Martin Luther King, Jr. among our alumni. Other notable alumni include the first woman to earn a PhD, the first woman admitted to the bar in Massachusetts, and the first Native American to graduate with a doctorate in medicine.
The New England Association of Schools and Colleges accredits Boston University.
- Bachelor of Liberal Studies
- Master of Criminal Justice
- Master of Science in Project Management
- Master of Science in Banking and Financial Services Management
- Master of Science in International Marketing Management
- Master of Science in Business Continuity, Security and Risk Management
- Master of Science in Human Resources Management
- Master of Science in Computer Information Systems
- Master of Science in Health Communication
“I was working full-time but still wanted to go to school. That’s one thing that attracted me to this program – you don’t have to give up your life and family in order to do it. Yes it’s hard, it’s not an easy program, but when you’re getting your doctorate, how easy do you want it to be? That is part of the reward in the end.”
– Lillian Hamer, OTD Candidate, Boston University Sargent College
“The tDPT program at Boston University has been a professionally fulfilling and rewarding experience for me.”
– Elizabeth Coelho, DPT, 2009 Graduate, Boston University Sargent College
I am benefiting greatly from the opportunity to pursue graduate level criminal justice studies at such a prestigious institution as Boston University.”
– Calvin Chang, Online MCJ Student, Boston University
The Boston University Degree Completion Program is a winner. Not only is the bachelor’s degree offered from one of America’s top private universities, the varied courses in the program are timely, relevant and have practical applications.”
– Elbert E. Rogers, Online Bachelor of Liberal Studies Student, Boston University