Founded in 1887, Benedictine University is dedicated to the education of undergraduate and graduate students from diverse ethnic, racial and religious backgrounds. As an academic community committed to liberal arts and professional education distinguished and guided by our Roman Catholic tradition, we prepare our students for a lifetime as active, informed and responsible citizens and leaders.
Benedictine University is regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools (HLC)*, the Illinois State Board of Education**, and the Commission on Accreditation for Dietetics Education of The American Dietetic Association***.Benedictine’s Master of Science in Nursing program is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) through 2015.
* Higher Learning Commission, 30 N. LaSalle Street, Suite 2400, Chicago, IL 60602-2504, (800) 621-7440; (312) 263-0456; Fax: (312) 263-7462
- ** Illinois State Board of Education, 100 N. 1st Street, Springfield, IL 62777, (866) 262-6663; (217) 782-4321
- *** ADA, 120 South Riverside Plaza, Suite 2000, Chicago, Illinois 60606-6995, (800) 877-1600
- In 2013, Forbes magazine named Benedictine among "America's Top Colleges" for the third year in a row.
- In 2013, U.S. News & World Report ranked Benedictine University as one of the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs in the nation.
- Benedictine University is listed as a 2012 "Military Friendly School" by G.I. Jobs, a veteran-owned publication focusing on post-military education and employment.
Areas of Study:
Today’s job market demands that you stand out. A Master of Business Administration (MBA) online degree from Benedictine University tells employment decision-makers three things: You're prepared for high-level leadership. You're prepared at a school that's known for academic rigor. And you are prepared in the most productive and time efficient way possible. Choose from seven concentrations to tailor your studies to your professional goals and interests or do a dual concentration and increase your expertise, marketability, and flexibility. There is also an Accelerated MBA option that may be completed in as little as one year. Specializations include:
- Health Administration
- International Business
- Internet Marketing
Master of Public Health
The functions of the field of public health are vital: from communicating information about diseases to educating communities about proper diet and nutrition, public health practitioners help ensure society runs smoothly, keep medical costs down and encourage the spread of accurate and factual information. Benedictine’s online Master of Public Health (MPH) degree program provides you with the essential tools to lead organizations, agencies and companies that deal with these tasks. Certificate Options: While you can apply the MPH degree to a wide range of population-based health concerns, you may want to add a graduate certificate in a specific area of public health to increase your expertise and job marketability. Or you may choose to earn a certificate only. With requirements of just four classes, a certificate is a fast way to get up to speed on these crucial areas of public health:
- Health Management and Policy
- Disaster Management
- Health Education and Promotion
Master of Science in Nursing
Benedictine University’s Online Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) is designed to teach nurses to rise to the challenges of today’s complex health care environment and to help them advance their careers. Benedictine’s MSN curriculum aligns with standards set by the American Association of Colleges of Nursing for graduate nursing education. Students study topics including leadership, informatics and healthcare technologies, health care advocacy and policy, collaboration among health care professionals, cultural sensitivity, and other subjects that will help them take their practice to a higher level. The Online MSN offers two concentrations that reflect needs and trends in the nursing profession and also allow students to tailor their studies toward their own career goals:
- Nurse Educator: Learn to serve in teaching roles for patients and nurses in both clinical and academic settings.
- Nurse Executive Leadership: Plan and manage high-quality care initiatives and processes at administrative and executive levels.
Master of Science in Management and Organizational Behavior
In the Master of Science (MS) in Management and Organizational Behavior, you will gain insight on how and why people behave within organizations and learn to apply the appropriate methodologies to achieve positive results. The program provides a comprehensive curriculum that investigates the human side of management. You will learn key aspects of human behavior within an organizational structure as well as timely topics such as ethics and social responsibility, service management, leadership and power strategies, and labor relations.