About Anna Maria College
Anna Maria College is a private, not-for-profit, Catholic liberal arts institution accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges. Founded by the Sisters of Saint Anne in 1946, AMC’s programs integrate liberal education and professional preparation that reflect the respect for liberal arts and sciences education grounded in the traditions of the Sisters of Saint Anne—educational innovation, service to others, and access to a quality education for all.
Anna Maria College
8 week classes
- New England Association of Schools and Colleges
- Council on Social Work Education at the undergraduate level
- National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (ASN and RN-BSN programs)
- American Medical Association – Approved Colleges of Arts and Sciences
- Board of Regents of Higher Education (training veterans and other eligible persons)
- Massachusetts Board of Registration in Nursing (Associate of Science in Nursing)
- Massachusetts Department of Education (Art, Music, Early Childhood and Elementary programs)
- American Music Therapy Association (Music Therapy Program)
- National Fire Protection Association (Fire Science program)
- Quinn Bill Approved – Massachusetts Board of Higher Education (Criminal Justice program)
- Basic student services offered: nonremedial tutoring, health service, health insurance
- Remedial learning services offered: reading, math, writing, study skills
- Counseling services offered: career, personal, academic, psychological, religious
Master of Public Administration
Our MPA program is not a one-size-fits-all program. Separate tracks are designed for recent college graduates and established professionals to help our students to step up and move forward. The general track of the MPA will prepare students with the necessary skills to responds to the demands of the dynamic governmental landscape.
Students with seven years or more of relevant experience may be eligible to take the Anna Maria College MPA Mid-Career Track, allowing them to complete the degree program with 10 required courses.
For students who have recently graduated or are looking for a career change, the Direct Track is 14 classes, including four electives. There are a number of electives available, allowing the degree to be customized to your needs.
Master of Public Administration – Emergency Management
- Experienced professionals may be eligible for the Mid-Career MPA, allowing them to complete their degree in 30 credit hours.
- Courses include topics such as the essentials of emergency management, executive leadership and management policies in government finance.
- Classes are taught in a convenient online format, allowing students to balance school with work and life.
The havoc and damage created by natural and man-made disasters can be minimized with effective emergency planning. Anna Maria College’s Master of Public Administration with an Emergency Management specialization is intended for leaders in the public sector who wish to gain a better understanding of preparing for and dealing with these events.
Our comprehensive and balanced curriculum is complemented by experienced instructors who are well-versed in both the history of and current trends in the field, including the importance of planning for all types of hazards and events.
Master of Public Administration – Fire Service Administration
To move into the upper ranks of the fire service field, you must not only have the knowledge to anticipate and plan for today’s complex emergency scenarios, you must also display the administrative and people skills of an effective leader. Anna Maria College’s Master of Public Administration with a Fire Service Administration specialization is designed for experienced firefighters, officers, and other fire-service professionals who want to move into management and high-level positions.
Master of Public Administration – Health Care Administration
With a growing emphasis on health care reform, leaders in the public sector are called on to understand the political, cultural and economic factors that influence policies on this issue. Anna Maria College’s Master of Public Administration with a Health Care Administration specialization is an effective way to gain the general leadership skills and health-care specific knowledge public administrators need to successfully further their careers.
Master of Public Administration – Criminal Justice
Designed with law enforcement officials in mind, Anna Maria College’s Master of Public Administration with a Criminal Justice specialization balances the leadership and organizational aspects of public service with the specific needs of the justice community.
Master of Science in Emergency Management
Natural disasters and terrorist attacks highlight the need for professionals trained in disaster preparedness and crisis management. Anna Maria College’s MS in Emergency Management is designed for individuals interested in management and director-level positions in this growing field. The curriculum covers risk analysis and assessment, search and rescue operations, and emergency response planning. Anna Maria College’s emergency management programs will give students the confidence and training to act quickly and efficiently when disaster strikes.
Online Master of Business Administration
With three high-demand specializations and a team of business-savvy professors with decades of combined private-sector leadership experience, the online Master of Business Administration degree program from Anna Maria College is a practical, career-oriented MBA designed to help you get the job done and put your degree to work quickly and effectively.
The online MBA from Anna Maria College features three specializations tailored for industries in need of dynamic business leaders as well as a general track.
- Health Informatics – The Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health (HITECH) Act of 2009 gave healthcare providers, insurance companies and other organizations major incentives to embrace electronic record keeping and other digital healthcare initiatives. The field of Health Informatics has grown exponentially since, and business-minded professionals are needed to properly manage, secure and analyze the overwhelming cache of new information to make sound business decisions. Graduates with this specialization will develop and understanding of the ethical and legal issues surrounding electronic medical records and will be armed with unique skills to analyze and interpret this new class of medical information.
- Sport Management – Sports-related employment is expected to grow between 22 and 29 percent in the coming years, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. From high school to the major professional leagues, effective management of human resources, facilities, marketing, public relations and more is needed to ensure business performance off the field can translate to on-the-field success. This specialization prepares students to properly manage business operations at all levels of athletic competition with emphasis on programs and facilities in school districts, collegiate environments and public municipalities.
- General Option – For those students who prefer not to choose a specific specialization or who are exploring multiple career options, the General track offers a completely custom MBA experience tailored to individual interests and professional goals. Students in the general track can choose elective courses from a diverse catalog of available options.
The Master of Business Administration program from Anna Maria College is rooted in ethical business management theory with emphasis on respect, responsibility and fairness in the pursuit of profit—resulting in better business decisions for everyone.
Master of Public Administration Careers
- Fire chief, Police Chief, or City Manager
- Median Wages (2008)
- $78,672-$94,992 annually
- Type of Institution – Private, comprehensive, four-year, coeducational Catholic college
- Total Undergraduate Enrollment – 1,001
- Percent of Undergraduate Enrollment by Gender – 56.2% Female / 43.8% Male
- Percent of Undergraduate who are full-time students – 80.5%
- Percent of Undergraduate who are part-time students – 19.5%