Abilene Christian University Graduate School
Since its founding in 1906, Abilene Christian University’s mission has been to prepare students for Christian service and leadership throughout the world. In pursuit of this mission, ACU provides an environment for graduate students where they can experience real relationships with both faculty and other students. Students have one-on-one time with faculty members who are interested in both academic and spiritual growth. This close-knit community with an emphasis on Christian faith is dedicated to developing an attitude of global service. The degree programs offer exceptional educational experiences by combining innovative academic learning styles with practicality.
Abilene Christian University
Our Students and Faculty
About 4,600 students, including 800 graduate students, come to ACU from nearly every state and 43 nations. We have a diverse and global environment, which we believe enriches student learning. Our students are served by more than 245 full-time faculty members who focus on high-quality teaching, scholarship and service. More than 97 percent of tenure-track faculty hold terminal degrees. The faculty and administrators are actively involved as leaders and presenters in many national professional associations, and ACU is an active member of the Council for Christian Colleges and Universities.
Church of Christ
Abilene Christian University’s online programs will allow students to realize career-advancing opportunities, while offering the flexibility and convenience of attending classes which will help to improve and expand their knowledge and competencies. Our online programs offer two starting points during each semester – fall, spring and summer – allowing students to enter the program six times per year.
Abilene Christian University is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools.
- Multi-Level support network provides personal attention every step of the way
- 24/7 technical support
- Financial aid and military education benefits available
Abilene Christian University is ranked within the nation’s Top 20 regional universities (West) as determined by U.S. News & World Report in its “American’s Best Colleges” guide. ACU has also received praise in the following categories:
- #2 in the West for a “Strong Commitment to Teaching” by U.S. News & World Report
- #2 in the West on the “Up-and-Comers” list of schools everyone should be watching by U.S. News & World Report
- #13 in the West for “Great Schools at Great Prices” by U.S. News & World Report
- Regularly ranks as one of “America’s Best Colleges” by Forbes
- Ranked as one of the “Best in the West” by The Princeton Review
- Named an “Apple Distinguished Program” for its work to understand the impact of mobility in education
- Recognized by the Association for Information Communications Technology Professionals in Higher Education, with its most prestigious honor, the award for Institutional Excellence in Information Communication Technology
- Recognized by the Chronicle for Higher Education as one of the nation’s “Great Colleges to Work For”
- Received the "Excellence in Service-Learning" seal from Student Horizons who publishes the Guide to Service-Learning Colleges & Universities
Master of Arts in Conflict Resolution and Reconciliation
Our M.A. in Conflict Resolution and Reconciliation online program prepares you to analyze, address and manage conflict effectively and professionally. You will gain in-depth preparation that is invaluable to you if you are seeking a career in dispute resolution or find yourself with significant peacemaking opportunities in your chosen career. The program will prepare you for leadership roles and careers in dispute resolution and in a wide range of disciplines requiring the effective management of conflict.
Master of Science in Organizational Development
Our M.S. in Organizational Development online program is a dynamic and highly adaptable degree program designed to enhance the practice of organizational leadership and human resource management. It does so by incorporating relevant fields of study, such as communication, conflict resolution, psychology, training & development, and business & management sciences. This 36-hour program is ideal for working professionals in a broad range of industries and at various levels of management wanting to position themselves as leaders, facilitate positive change, and achieve extraordinary results within their respective organizations.
Master of Education in Higher Education
Our M.Ed. in Higher Education online program designed to prepare you for professional careers in a broad range of higher education settings. This program, with an emphasis in College Student Affairs and Conflict Management, is designed for the recent college graduate, or the working student development professional who resides in a higher education setting and needs advanced training. This degree prepares graduates for roles such as residence life director, academic advisor, international student coordinator, financial aid counselor, intramural director, career services advisor, and many others. This degree will also provide a solid foundation for future doctoral work in higher education.