About the University of St. Thomas
With more than 10,000 diverse students across four beautiful campuses –St. Paul, Minneapolis and Owatonna, Minnesota, as well as Rome, Italy – the University of St. Thomas is Minnesota’s largest private institution. Since its founding in 1885, students have benefitted from a quality Roman Catholic liberal arts education with a focus on practical learning, critical thinking and advancement of the common good.
St. Thomas offers bachelor’s, master’s, education specialist, juris doctor and doctorate levels of study. In addition to holding regional accreditation, the university has received recognition from U.S. News & World Report, Forbes, and Washington Monthly.
Education is a Doorway.
Where It Leads Is Up to You. With such focus on practical experience, collaboration and academic excellence, it’s clear why a University of St. Thomas degree resonates with employers. Personal achievement, community involvement and an emphasis on applied learning ensure students benefit from experiences that go far beyond the classroom, equipping them to excel – and make a positive impact – in their field of choice.
University of St. Thomas
St Paul/ Minneapolis
Courses are 8 weeks long and 6 sessions are offered per year
Regionally accredited by the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools of the Higher Learning Commission
US News & World Ranking 113 Best National University
- Total Enrollment (Fall 2012): 10,316 total
- Undergrad- 6,336
- Grad- 3,980
- International Students: 401
- Student-Faculty Ratio: 15:1
- Coeducational- 51% Men / 49% Women
St. Thomas graduates enjoy success in a wide variety of leadership roles.
- Special Education Teachers
- General Education Teachers
- Instructional Coordinators
- Teaching Assistants
- Childcare Workers
- Occupational Therapists
- Recreational Therapists
- Social Workers
- Speech/Language Therapists
- Physical Therapists
- Personal Care Attendants
- Others who work closely with individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Police Chiefs
- Software Venture Capitalist
- Radio Talk Show Host
- Film Director
Sports- Minnesota Intercollegiate Athletic Conference and NCAA Division III, with 11 men’s and 11 women’s varsity teams
- Master of Arts in Public Safety and Law Enforcement Leadership
- For - Credit Graduate Certificate in Public Safety & Law Enforcement Leadership
- Master of Arts in Special Education with an Autism Spectrum Disorders License
- Master of Arts in Special Education with a Specialization in Autism Spectrum Disorders (Non-License)
- Special Education Teacher License in Autism Spectrum Disorders
- For - Credit Graduate Certificate in Autism Spectrum Disorders