University of Saint Mary has a strong academic history as a leader in liberal arts education dating back to 1923. Guided by the vision of its founders, the Sisters of Charity of Leavenworth, the university seeks to inspire students and to prepare them for value-centered lives and careers that will benefit our global society.
Our programs are grounded in the liberal arts tradition of providing students with the strong decision-making and critical skills required to thrive in the workplace, while coursework and curricula also emphasize the practical applications of skills and knowledge. The University of Saint Mary is known for creating graduates with the ability to lead organizations and contribute to their communities in ways that benefit society as a whole—an essential element of our mission. We have received national recognition from The Princeton Review, which has named the University of Saint Mary a "Best Midwestern College" since 2005.
University of Saint Mary
6 Terms per Year
The University is regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools (NCA).
The Bachelor of Science in Nursing program at the University of Saint Mary is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE), One Dupont Circle, NW, Suite 530, Washington, DC 20036, (202) 887-6791.
The University of Saint Mary has received specialized accreditation for its business programs through the International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education (IACBE), located in Olathe Kansas.
The Princeton Review has named the University of Saint Mary a "Best Midwestern College" since 2005, a distinction given only to colleges that meet high standards of academic excellence.
Military Friendly, GI Jobs Magazine
About Online Learning
Our online courses offer the same challenging curriculum as our on-campus classes, and faculty members (some of whom also teach on campus) are trained and experienced in the online setting.
The University of Saint Mary launched its first online courses in 1997. Distance-learning technology has come a long way since then, and people are much more comfortable with using it. We realize that many of our students are still new to or unfamiliar with using their computers to attend an online classroom, so we provide several ways you can get support:
- Dedicated technical support
- Online orientation for new students
- A Personal Support Center that is open 24/7 to answer your questions at any time, whether you want to know how to complete an assignment or discuss a tuition issue
You’ll also have your teachers, your fellow students, and an advisor to provide support and answers during your learning experience at the University of Saint Mary.
On average, students spend about 15 to 20 hours a week studying and completing coursework, which you can arrange around your own personal and professional obligations.
RN to Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN-BSN) – Online
Accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)*, the University of Saint Mary’s online RN to BSN program is designed specifically for Registered Nurses seeking to earn a Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing (BSN). There is a growing need for baccalaureate-prepared nurses in the 21st century. A Bachelor of Science in Nursing can help you improve patient outcomes and will provide greater opportunities in nursing and the health care field.
Full time students can complete the BSN in one year. Part-time students can complete the program in approximately three years.
- CCNE Accredited
- Graduate in as few as 12 months.
- No residency requirement
- Opportunity to complete a concentration in Health Care Management in conjunction with your BSN.
*One Dupont Circle, NW, Suite 530, Washington, DC 20036, (202) 887-6791.
Master of Science in Nursing
The online Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) from the University of Saint Mary is built on the new Essentials of Master’s Education in Nursing from the American Association of Colleges of Nursing (AACN). With these new essentials, the online MSN not only prepares you for advanced career opportunities, it prepares you for a doctorate-level program, which would unlock even more career options.
Here’s why the online MSN from the University of Saint Mary is right for you:
- Nurse Educator: An MSN is all but required to teach nursing courses at the undergraduate level or conduct advanced continuing education courses for working nurses. Our online MSN from the University of Saint Mary includes courses that prepare you to continue your education, such a DNP, or to teach at the undergraduate or graduate level. When you graduate with this specialization, you will have the required coursework to take the Certified Nurse Educator exam.
- Nurse Administrator: Nurse Administrators organize, supervise, and coordinate nursing care from the micro and macro levels. They also play a key role in fostering the delivery of safe, effective, and quality patient care. A Master of Science in Nursing with a focus on nursing administration is the preferred entry-level degree for nurse administrators. This specialization also provides you with the coursework to take the Nurse Executive and Nurse Executive Advanced certification exams and gives you the skills and knowledge to embrace a leadership role as a decision maker in the healthcare industry.
- Choice of two specializations to match your professional goals: Nurse Educator and Nurse Administrator
- Clinical hours may be completed where you work
- Our curriculum and clinical options put you a step ahead should you decide to pursue a Doctor of Nursing practice (DNP) degree.
- Online convenience with no residency requirements – perfect for busy, working nurses
- Education rooted in Sister Simone Roach’s 5 Cs of Caring – Conscience, Confidence, Compassion, Commitment and Competence1
- Our program is designed around CCNE requirements2
1 Roach, M.S. (1992). The human act of caring: A blueprint for the health professions. Ottawa, Ontario: Canadian Hospital Association Press.
2 We are in the process of applying for CCNE accreditation with the expectation that the MSN program will be accredited Fall 2014.
Master of Business Administration (MBA) - Online
Accredited by the International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education (IACBE), the University of Saint Mary Online MBA program allows you to earn your advanced degree without interrupting work or personal schedules. We offer six opportunities each year to begin your online MBA degree.
This isn’t just any MBA. Our faculty wants you to contribute to society by making the right decisions while making organizations more successful. Along with emphasizing ethical business practices, we encourage students to consider how decisions affect their colleagues, their company’s place in the world of global business, and also the bottom line.
- MBA - Finance: The Finance MBA from the University of Saint Mary provides a strong grounding in this vital aspect of business. Students learn to anticipate and implement solutions to financial issues facing an organization by studying such topics as financial markets and instruments, capital structure, financing a business, allocating funds for financial investments, risk management, planning for future growth.
- MBA - Health Care Management: The University of Saint Mary Health Care Management MBA offers in-depth knowledge of business concepts and skills applied specifically to the health care industry. The curriculum of this concentration covers such topics as: Key concepts of management in the health care industry, such as budgeting and organizational growth. Legal and ethical issues in health care, including patient rights and client autonomy. Socio-cultural, economic, and political forces affecting the health care system.
- MBA - Human Resource Management: Students who opt for the Human Resource Management concentration for their MBA studies at the University of Saint Mary will delve into issues related to the effective management, cultivation, and training of an organization's work force. Coursework prepares students to work as managers in the areas of human resources, training and development, and organizational change.
- MBA - Marketing and Advertising Management: The concentration in Marketing and Advertising Management prepares University of Saint Mary MBA students to help organizations succeed in today's extremely competitive and complex area of marketing and publicity. To face the challenges of increasingly sophisticated consumers and evolving digital media.
- MBA - Enterprise Risk Management: The Enterprise Risk Management specialization covers the basics of risk management along with its key quantitative techniques. You will learn to manage risk across an organization in a holistic and strategic manner that views risk as a source of competitive advantage.
- MBA - General Management: Students who choose the concentration in General Management as part of their MBA studies at the University of Saint Mary will learn about aspects of business they can apply across a diverse array of industries and positions, offering flexibility as they move through their career. Studies focus on managing information systems and projects, as well as leadership theory and practice.