The University of Saint Mary has a strong academic history as a leader in liberal arts education dating back to 1923, when the Sisters of Charity of Leavenworth, Kansas established Saint Mary College. Today, USM offers undergraduate and graduate degree programs both at its campus locations in Kansas and online, and is fully accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools (NCA).*
Our programs are grounded in the liberal arts tradition of providing students with the strong decision-making and critical – thinking skills required to thrive in the workplace, while coursework and curricula also emphasize the practical applications of skills and knowledge. The University of Saint Mary is known for creating graduates with the ability to lead organizations and contribute to their communities in ways that benefit society as a whole—an essential element of our mission. We have received national recognition from The Princeton Review, which has named the University of Saint Mary a “Best Midwestern College” for the past five consecutive years.
- The University of Saint Mary has been named "Best Midwestern College" by The Princeton Review since 2005.
- The University of Saint Mary is regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools (NCA).
* 30 North La Salle Street, Suite 2400, Chicago, IL. 60802-2504, 800.621.7440
The University of Saint Mary’s online RN to BSN program is designed specifically for Registered Nurses seeking to earn a Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing (BSN). The program is CCNE accredited* and is 100% online – there is no residency requirement. We offer faculty members who provide guidance and support, a challenging curriculum, and competitive tuition rates.
- CCNE Accredited
- Graduate in as few as 12 months.
- No residency requirement
- Opportunity to complete a concentration in Health Care Management in conjunction with your BSN.
* One Dupont Circle, NW, Suite 530, Washington, DC 20036, (202) 887-6791.Master of Science in Nursing
The online Master of Science in Nursing from the University of Saint Mary offers your choice of two career-building specializations:
- Nurse Educator: An MSN is all but required to teach nursing courses at the undergraduate level or conduct advanced continuing education courses for working nurses. Our online MSN from the University of Saint Mary includes courses that prepare you to continue your education, such a DNP, or to teach at the undergraduate or graduate level. When you graduate with this specialization, you will have the required coursework to take the Certified Nurse Educator exam.
- Nurse Administrator: Nurse Administrators organize, supervise, and coordinate nursing care from the micro and macro levels. They also play a key role in fostering the delivery of safe, effective, and quality patient care. A Master of Science in Nursing with a focus on nursing administration is the preferred entry-level degree for nurse administrators. This specialization also provides you with the coursework to take the Nurse Executive and Nurse Executive Advanced certification exams and gives you the skills and knowledge to embrace a leadership role as a decision maker in the healthcare industry.
Master of Business Administration (MBA) - Online
Accredited by the International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education (IACBE), the University of Saint Mary Online MBA program allows you to earn your advanced degree without interrupting work or personal schedules. We offer six opportunities each year to begin your online MBA degree.
This isn’t just any MBA. Our faculty wants you to contribute to society by making the right decisions while making organizations more successful. Along with emphasizing ethical business practices, we encourage students to consider how decisions affect their colleagues, their company’s place in the world of global business, and also the bottom line.
- MBA - Finance: Learn to anticipate and implement solutions to financial issues facing an organization by studying financial markets and instruments, capital structure, how to finance a business, allocation of funds for financial investments, risk management, and how to plan for future growth.
- MBA - Health Care Management: Study key concepts of management in the health care industry, such as budgeting and organizational growth, legal and ethical issues in health care, including patient rights and client autonomy and how to manage socio-cultural, economic, and political forces affecting the health care system.
- MBA - Human Resource Management: Delve into issues related to the effective management, cultivation, and training of an organization's workforce.
- MBA - Marketing and Advertising Management: Help organizations succeed in today's extremely competitive and complex marketplace and face the challenges of increasingly sophisticated consumers and evolving digital media.
- MBA - Enterprise Risk Management: Learn to manage risk across an organization in a holistic and strategic manner that views risk as a source of competitive advantage.
- MBA - General Management: Focus on managing information systems and projects, as well as leadership theory and practice.
The University of Saint Mary is dedicated to providing students with an accessible and affordable education. We offer financial aid to accepted students who qualify. Financial aid packages are based on the university’s assessment of student need as determined by processing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
Upon your acceptance to the University of Saint Mary, go to www.pin.ed.gov to apply for a PIN (Personal Identification Number). You should receive it immediately by email. Fill out the FAFSA form. You will need the university’s FAFSA code, 001943. Make sure you have your Federal Income Tax Return and any other financial records you may need handy.
Processing the form usually takes about two or three days. After that time, you will receive an award letter with information about your financial aid package, which may include student loans, grants, and/or scholarships, depending on your eligibility.