The University of New England’s (UNEs) Masters in Education is based on the belief that one must be in the process of continuous discovery to be effective as a professional educator. The talented faculty and staff of the UNEs online education masters degree program delivers the most up-to-date instruction on current practices for educators who want to reach the next level.
Founded in 1831, The University of New England (UNE) is a top-ranked independent, coeducational university with two distinctive campuses on the coast of southern Maine. UNEs Department of Education is guided by a mission to advance quality of life in Maine and New England through the development of quality teachers & school leaders. Now, through UNEs online Master of Science in Education (MSEd) and Certificates of Advanced Graduate Study (CAGS) programs, professional educators can deliver on this principle at a national level.
The online learning environment is challenging yet supportive, structured yet flexible to accommodate adult learners. The program supports creative application of course skills and knowledge to teacher’s classrooms and schools.
Master of Science in Education
- Educational Leadership – Become an educational leader and shape your students’ educational environment.
- Curriculum & Instruction Strategies - Develop techniques and tools to effectively deliver messages in the classroom.
- Literacy - Learn and develop techniques to ensure the literacy of your students.
- Inclusion Education - Teach students of all learning abilities from advanced to special needs in an inclusion setting.
“To say that the support offered by the faculty and staff is an asset is an understatement. I never once felt disconnected from the professors, program manager or my fellow students.”
– Harold Zitman, Graduate UNE MSEd Inclusion Education, N. Bergen Board of Education, New Jersey
“I thought the quality of the texts used in my coursework was outstanding and keep my new library of resources close by for reference. I feel current in the area of literacy and am applying my knowledge to my study skills, classes, and my Freshman English section.”
-Jackie, Graduate UNE CAGS Literacy
“For the MSEd and the Educational Leadership focus the coursework was on target. Many of the courses and coursework were applicable to my current work in my school. It allowed me to see some of our challenges in a new light and to have a new approach to accomplish our goals”
-Blaine, Graduate UNE MSEd Educational Leadership