Located on a beautiful campus in Washington, D.C., The Catholic University of America (CUA) is unique as the national university of the Catholic Church and the only higher education institution founded by the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops. Founded in 1887 as a center for graduate study, CUA has evolved into a modern American university, committed not only to graduate but also to undergraduate and professional education. The university is dedicated to advancing the dialogue between faith and reason, seeking to discover, preserve and impart truth through excellence in teaching and research, all in service to the Church, the nation, and the world.
Catholic University has more than 40 research centers, institutes, and interdisciplinary collaborative arrangements currently in place and is home to approximately 7,000 students from 50 states and 85 countries. The university is accredited by the Commission on Higher Education of the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools, and 97 percent of the full-time faculty have doctoral or terminal degrees in their fields. At CUA, you will find a supportive and friendly learning environment where students experience personal attention from dedicated faculty members and caring advisors who are committed to nurturing your potential for professional and personal success.
- Online Master of Science in Management: This program delves into the leadership expertise, fiscal knowledge, and people skills needed to manage people, teams, and projects in nearly any organization. The Master’s in Management curriculum focuses on communication, strategy, decision-making, and project management to build a strong foundation for a successful career. Four specializations are offered: Leadership, Human Resource Management, Federal Acquisition and Contract Management, and Organization Development.
- Online Master of Arts in Human Resource Management: As the human resource (HR) field moves toward a more high-level and strategic organizational role, HR professionals seeking advancement often find they need skills that are not always easy to learn on the job. This human resource management degree program, developed with the advice and insights of senior HR executives, offers a broad curriculum that covers all of the main functional areas of the field — e.g., labor-management relations, human resource information systems, training and development, and compensation and benefits. Coursework also prepares students for the high-demand Professional in Human Resources (PHR) and Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR) certifications offered by the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM). The curriculum includes two specializations: Human Resource Generalist and Federal Human Resource Management.
- Online MS in Nursing – Family Nurse Practitioner Track: Prepare for a growing role in advanced practice nursing with the Family Nurse Practitioner track. FNPs provide primary care to children, adults and families in clinics, private practices, in the community, and other health care settings. Graduates are eligible to sit for the national Family Nurse Practitioner exams administered by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) and the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners (AANP) Certification Program. Coursework focuses on primary care to individuals and families across the lifespan.
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice (D.N.P.):From the patient room to the boardroom, the nursing field is under pressure to produce leaders who can create and implement strategies for more efficient health care delivery and successful patient outcomes. Become one of them with this online CCNE-accredited program at The Catholic University of America, where you’ll find an engaging learning environment, enthusiastic professors committed to helping you thrive; a curriculum that emphasizes the role of ethics, values and spirituality in health care; and a community of faculty, staff and students from diverse cultural and religious backgrounds.
- Online Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D) in Nursing:Nursing needs researchers who can effectively produce, analyze and implement findings promoting better patient care and outcomes. The online Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in Nursing at The Catholic University of America focuses on the clinical aspect of nursing to train the next generation of nurse scientists who will continue to pursue scholarship and innovation in the field.
The costs of higher education can be intimidating, but programs are available to ease the financial burden and help you generate a return on your investment in education as quickly as possible. Please know that the Financial Aid Staff at The Catholic University of America is here to assist you in financing your education and understanding your financial options.