Founded by the Society of Jesus in 1851, Saint Joseph's University (SJU) has been developing the minds and abilities of men and women in a challenging academic environment steeped in the enriching Jesuit tradition of cura personalis (care of the entire person). The strong liberal arts foundation promotes an environment of open-minded investigation and debate and attends to developing students beyond their academic accomplishments, while maintaining high academic standards. The University strives to be recognized as the preeminent Catholic comprehensive university in the Northeast.
Saint Joseph’s University
Catholic, Jesuit University
Accreditation & Awards :
Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools: Saint Joseph's University is regionally accredited—the highest level of accreditation a traditional college or university can obtain, and this accreditation is recognized throughout the country.
U.S. News & World Report 2013: The “America’s Best Colleges” 2013 edition of U.S. News & World Report has ranked Saint Joseph’s University as the #8 Best Regional University in the North, as well as among the Top 15 Master’s Universities for the 15th consecutive year.
Alpha Epsilon Lambda: Saint Joseph's University is a member of the Alpha Epsilon Lambda honor society, the nation's only graduate interdisciplinary honor society.
International Dyslexia Association Commendation: The online MS in Special Education program at Saint Joseph’s University has earned the prestigious IDA commendation. It’s one of only nine programs selected for recognition and currently the only program that offers a completely online option.
AACSB International: The Erivan K. Haub School of Business at Saint Joseph's University is accredited by The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business. AACSB is higher education's most prestigious and rigorous accrediting body in business. Only 5% of the business schools in the United States have earned this premier accreditation in business and accounting.
Areas of Study:
BS in Professional and Liberal Studies
A degree-completion program designed to seamlessly take your existing college credits to help you finish your bachelor’s degree and it’s built on a curriculum of real world education that puts your new degree to work quickly and effectively. This online degree provides flexibility for customization including two concentrations: organization development and leadership and autism studies.
- Organization Development and Leadership - brings together psychology, sociology and communication to equip students with applicable skills to successfully manage and position organizations for success.
- Autism Studies - an eight (8) course program which includes an introduction to autism theories, techniques, treatment and therapies (learned within 5 theoretical courses) and 3 Practicum (field experience) courses offered online as part of the curriculum. Once the BS degree in Professional and Liberal Studies is earned, the graduate has fulfilled all of the BACB requirements and may sit for the certification exam.
Post Bachelor’s Certificate in Autism Studies
If you’ve already earned a bachelor’s degree, you may obtain an Online Post Bachelor’s Certificate in Autism Studies that is separate from the degree completion program. The 8-course post baccalaureate certificate is earned through the same 5 theoretical courses and 3 Practicum (field experience) courses that are offered in the Autism Studies concentration.
Certificate of Proficiency in Autism Studies
If you do not have a bachelor’s degree, and are not interested in the degree completion program, you may still earn an online Certificate of Proficiency in Autism Studies by taking the five (5) theoretical courses, without completing the Practicum courses. Please note that financial aid is not available for this option.
MS in Business Intelligence
Our degree in Business Intelligence, teaches you how to interpret data using analysis tools and methodologies to inform your decision making—effectively putting technology, data and mathematical concepts into business context. Graduates also receive a Business Intelligence Certificate from SAS, Inc., a credential that further distinguishes students and differentiates them from their colleagues
MS in Organization Development and Leadership
The online Master’s in Organization Development and Leadership (MODL) from Saint Joseph’s University transcends typical management degree programs to create an experience that will build your leadership skills in real-time as you apply concepts from class directly into your current career.
By the time you graduate with an online MODL degree from Saint Joseph’s University, you’ll have analyzed and evaluated the culture of your company, studied the strengths and development opportunities of your own mind and personality, and met face-to-face with your classmates and professors to learn the intricacies of human interaction while building powerful personal and professional connections. This environment of experiential learning sets Saint Joseph’s University apart with an MODL degree program built for the demands of the modern marketplace.
CRIMINAL JUSTICE PROGRAMS
MS in Criminal Justice
The online Master’s in Criminal Justice is a dynamic, top-to-bottom examination of the Criminal Justice system delivered from the perspective of industry leaders. The curriculum is designed to create scholar/practitioners – students who not only understand the latest research trends and administrative strategies in the Criminal Justice system, but are working professionals who can put those strategies into action.
Saint Joseph’s University offers you a choice of career-building specializations to match your interests and career goals.
- Behavior Analysis - Throughout the program, students will develop the skills and principles of behavior analysis to perform behavior assessments, intervention plans and to train others in effective implementation.
- Federal Law Enforcement - This program provides advanced knowledge of criminal investigation and apprehension at the federal level. Specialized courses develop essential cognitive skills and methodologies, including critical thinking, analytical reasoning and legal procedures, in order to excel in careers focused on investigation, prosecution support, conviction, and criminal corrections control.
- Intelligence and Crime Analysis - This program focuses on researching the contemporary functions of strategic, tactical and operational intelligence, and understanding its influence upon crime prevention policy. Students will examine how law enforcement intelligence relates to organizational relationships, planning and decision-making.
- Homeland Security - Homeland security is a multifaceted career field and, much like security threats, the skills needed to protect our country are always changing. Whether you seek to enhance your current career experience or prepare for new job opportunities, a specialization in Homeland Security will prepare you to lead others in protecting our nation.
MS in Instructional Technology
This advanced specialty degree is built on a curriculum of hands-on practice and experience with the cutting-edge technologies that are used daily in modern classrooms and corporate training environments. The online MSIT arms you with the theory and hands-on experience necessary to aid teachers in their quest to bring technology into the classroom or to position yourself as a leader in delivering effective adult education and training in the private sector.
Instructional Technology Specialist
MS in Secondary Education
The online MS in Secondary Education and Online Accelerated Teaching Certification program from Saint Joseph’s University is an efficient, convenient and cost effective way to get the skills and credentials you need to accomplish your career goal in educating grades 7-12.
Online Accelerated Teaching Certification (OATCERT)
MS in Special Education
The online Master’s in Special Education from Saint Joseph’s University includes specializations and certifications that are designed to meet the most pressing demands in today’s schools. It’s built on the foundation of the Response to Intervention (RTI) program, a research-based strategy for student achievement that is implemented with success on a daily basis in school districts across the country.
Special Education Online Degree Programs
- MS in Special Education
- Master’s in Special Education with an Autism Spectrum Disorders’ Endorsement
- MS in Education of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing
Special Education Online Stand-Alone Certifications
- Online Wilson Reading System® Certification
- Pennsylvania Hearing Impaired K-12 Certification: The Pennsylvania Department of Education has granted approval of Saint Joseph’s University’s Online PA Hearing Impaired K-12 Certification Program. This program prepares educators for certification and to acquire the competencies specifically needed to support learning and development in children with hearing loss.
- Special Education Certification
HEALTH ADMIN PROGRAMS
MS in Health Administration
The online MS in Health Administration from Saint Joseph’s University is a practice-based program designed to give you the skills and experience necessary to immediately improve the performance of your organization and advance your own career.
- Health Care Ethics - Expertise in the highly-specialized field of health care ethics is emerging as one of the most critical needs facing the health industry today. Health administrators are expected to assist in navigating through issues such as euthanasia, the use of medical technologies to prolong life, abortion, genetic screening for birth defects, experimentation and informed consent, distribution of scarce medical resources and the right to health care and its implications for the health care delivery system.
- Informatics - With a Master’s in Health Administration, and a specialization in informatics, you will gain expertise in information resources management, clinical care and programming – enabling you to become the communications conduit linking diverse health care professionals.