Purdue University offers a strong foundation of tradition and history, an environment of intellectual curiosity and discovery, and a supportive, student-centered approach to learning. Founded in 1869 as a land-grant school, the University is known today for its prolific faculty as well as a record of distinguished research and achievement in aerospace, engineering, technology, science, and math. Our goal is to educate and develop men and women of personal integrity and scholarly excellence.
The staff and faculty at Purdue bring the same commitment to discovery and learning that is present on the University's campuses, with rigorous, intellectually stimulating course work and personal support to help students succeed.
Semesters beginning in August and January, Summer Session beginning in May
Purdue University is accredited by the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools (230 South LaSalle Street, Suite 7-500, Chicago, IL 60604-1413
The programs offered by Purdue University's College of Education are accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE).
- U.S. News and World report has ranked Purdue among the top 100 online graduate education programs in 2014 The Best Schools listing.
- Purdue’s graduate School of Education was ranked 32 in U.S. News and World Report’s Best Colleges listing. The University as a whole ranked 68 nationally in the 2014 listing.
- In 2013, Purdue was ranked within the top 150 ‘Best Value’ schools by the Princeton Review. It is the second time this academic year that Purdue has been recognized for its good value. In August, SmartMoney magazine ranked Purdue eighth nationally in its college payback survey, which quantified the long-term value of a college degree.
- Purdue is ranked 69 in Times Higher Education World University Rankings in 2012-2013. The rankings are based on performance indicators in these areas: teaching, research, citations, international outlook by staff, and students, research, and industry income.
- Forbes has ranked Purdue University as the 38 University in the Midwest and ranked 77 Research University nationally.
- In 2013, Purdue has been ranked as a Military Friendly School by GI Jobs. The list measures the programs and services important to the military community, including a school’s flexibility, veteran student support, academic accreditation, percentage of student veterans, tuition discounts and military spouse policies.
- Washington Monthly has ranked Purdue 58 on their 2012 list of National University Rankings based on social mobility, research, and service.
- The Wall Street Journal has ranked Purdue University 4 in the Top 25 Universities Ranked by Recruiters. Specifically, the Engineering program at Purdue was ranked 2.
Master of Science in Education in Learning Design and Technology
The curriculum of the online master's degree in learning design and technology includes cutting-edge learning theory, educational technology, and instructional development to give students a strong foundation in this exciting and developing field. The online program covers concepts in instructional design and technology that can be adapted to the training needs of any environment. Students will learn how to integrate pedagogy and technology for maximum learning impact while using their own professional experience to put theory into action. Career opportunities exist anywhere that people need to be taught and trained, but are particularly numerous in K-12 and higher education, corporate training and development settings, health care and the military.
The online MS in Education in Learning Design at Purdue University requires a total of 33 credit hours, including 27 credit hours of required courses and six credit hours of electives. Features of the curriculum include:
- Classes in learning theory, educational technology, and instructional development to give you a strong foundation in this exciting and developing field
- Guidance on how to effectively integrate learning technology into instructional materials
- An introduction to the principles of instructional design and how to use them to create effective and efficient training and support materials
- Coursework encourages you to use your own professional experience to put theory into action
- Coursework that is completely online—arrange your studies around your personal and professional schedule
Master of Science in Communication
Amplify your message and expand its reach with Purdue University’s online Master of Science in Communication degree program. Clear, powerful and concise communication is vital in today’s technology-driven world. As new avenues for communication emerge, it is paramount that practitioners thoroughly understand both quantitative and qualitative communication methodologies as this will prepare them for success. Purdue University’s online MS in Communication program builds upon your critical-thinking and strategic communication skills, empowering you to amplify your messaging strategy across international, national and local platforms.
The online MS in Communication at Purdue University requires 30 credit hours and readies graduates to:
- Apply strategic communication in a variety or organizational contexts and functions.
- Guide organizational decision making through quantitative and qualitative methodologies.
- Implement critical and analytical thinking to communication problems and issues.
- Leverage social media and other emerging communication technologies to advance organizational goals.
Graduate Certificate in Strategic Communication Management
Purdue University’s online Graduate Certificate in Strategic Communication Management offers an overview of strategic communication in the context of global organizations and how to apply these practices to address organizational crises. The Graduate Certificate in Strategic Communication Management is for professionals who desire the communication and theory skills associated with effective, strategic communication.