Purdue University offers a strong foundation of tradition and history, an environment of intellectual curiosity and discovery, and a supportive, student-centered approach to learning. Founded in 1869 as a land-grant school, the University is known today for its prolific faculty as well as a record of distinguished research and achievement in aerospace, engineering, technology, science and math. Our goal is to educate and develop men and women of personal integrity and scholarly excellence.
The University has received recognition for its educational offerings and value to graduates. Purdue is ranked 18th among all public universities in U.S. News & World Report’s 2010 rankings of colleges and universities, while a survey of corporate recruiters by the Wall Street Journal that same year ranked the University 4th in preparing students for the workforce. Purdue now brings its commitment to discovery and lifelong learning online, allowing students across the country and around the world to experience the University’s high-quality educational offerings.
In today’s constantly evolving, technology-driven world, learning is a never-ending process, from classroom to career. Whether you are a teacher or a corporate trainer, Purdue University's online Master of Science in Education in Learning Design and Technology gives you the ability to design, adapt, evaluate and implement instructional methods and technologies for a variety of settings, whether you teach in the schoolroom or the boardroom.
Curriculum and Academic Environment
The online MS in Education in Learning Design at Purdue University requires the successful completion of 33 credit hours. Features of the curriculum include:
- Use of the most up-to-date educational technology and its applications to different settings and groups
- Guidance on how to effectively integrate learning technology into instructional materials
- An introduction to the principles of instructional design and how to use them to create effective and efficient training and support materials
- A required portfolio project, which can have practical applications in your current job
- A supervised practicum that you can complete at your own place of work
- Coursework that is completely online—arrange your studies around your personal and professional schedule
Earning a degree at Purdue University is an investment in your future. Online degrees can be a cost-effective alternative to a traditional on-campus program by saving you the costs related to transportation, parking and housing.
Tuition rates at Purdue vary by program, and many students receive some form of financial assistance. Purdue University offers financial aid to students who qualify. Aid is calculated on your ability to pay, and your package may include grants, loans and scholarships.