Our Lady of the Lake University is a private, Catholic university with a deep connection to the history and community of San Antonio. Founded in 1895 by the Congregation of Divine Providence, we have developed a reputation for our personal teaching style. Our graduate programs prepare professionals to provide leadership and make scholarly contributions to the advancement of knowledge in their fields, apply the most current information and technology to decision making and problem solving, work collaboratively, productively and ethically in culturally diverse settings, and contribute to the mission of the University by serving the needs of their communities. We are a university that helps students develop their full potential in an environment that's encouraging and stimulating.
Our Lady of the Lake University
Online courses are 8 weeks long with 6 starts per year
Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools
- OLLU was ranked in Tier 1 of universities in the West by U.S. News & World Report in its rankings of "America's Best Colleges 2011."
- OLLU has had its inclusive reputation validated by its ranking as the top Texas private university for awarding master's degrees to Hispanics, according to rankings from The Hispanic Outlook in Higher Education magazine (2011).
RN to BSN
If you have your associate’s degree or a diploma in nursing, you can conveniently earn your BSN online through OLLU’s RN to Bachelor of Science in Nursing program.
- Improve your professional and nursing skills
- Increase your career mobility and job sustainability
- Take classes full- or part-time
Our Lady of the Lake University’s online RN to BSN program focuses on serving culturally diverse communities, so you’ll grow your understanding of how to effectively care for patients from different cultures. You’ll also:
Master of Science in Organizational Leadership
- Develop fundamental nursing knowledge in heath assessment, research and informatics, and community.
- Practice your written and oral communication skills to heighten your professional profile and ensure safe patient care
- Have the option of a flexible fast-track format — you may be able to complete the program in as few as four semesters
At Our Lady of the Lake University, we know the importance of community. As an online student you will experience the same dedication to civic responsibility: a part of your clinical requirement, you will design and complete a project based on needs and resources in your local community.
Become an asset to your community: Earn your BSN at Our Lady of the Lake online.
All kinds of industries and fields need good leaders. Whether you work for a multinational firm, a not-for-profit organization, or a small company, Our Lady of the Lake’s online MS in Organizational Leadership will help you develop the skills and confidence you need to position yourself for advancement and help guide your organization to success.
Master of Business Administration
If your goal is to move into mid-level or upper management, or to move into a more strategic role, the online master’s degree program in Organizational Leadership will teach you to see the big picture. You will study critical thinking and research methods, multicultural and gender issues, the social context of leadership, and intra- and inter-organizational structure, dynamics, and processes.
The online MBA at Our Lady of the Lake University is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP), this program is designed for busy working students. The MBA program has applications across a wide variety of fields, from construction to health care to nonprofits. For students whose undergraduate degree is not in business, OLLU offers an MBA Boot Camp to provide the required foundational knowledge and skills in just one class.
Master of Science in Nursing
- Healthcare Management: It is ideal for students who are already working in health care and wish to move into supervisory positions, or for those who desire to transition into the field.
- Management: Topics of study can include international strategy, creating a human resources policy and current topics and challenges in business, such as supply chain and inventory management.
Thanks to a growing emphasis on the value of advanced degrees in today’s complex healthcare environment, demand has never been higher for registered nurses with a Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) degree. The online MSN from Our Lady of the Lake University brings a research-driven, uniquely student-centered approach to nursing education. The online MSN from Our Lady of the Lake University features two specializations to help you meet your career goals.
Master of Science in Accounting
- Nurse Administration: A multidisciplinary leadership program focused on the ethical, legal and financial responsibilities of nurse managers and executives.
- Nurse Education: Designed for those who wish to pursue opportunities as adjunct professors, clinical instructors or full-time nurse educators.
Take control of organizational accounting responsibilities with the online MS in Accounting at Our Lady of the Lake. Deploy your in-depth expertise in the business, nonprofit or government sector—flexibility you can leverage throughout your career.
Gain a comprehensive and in-depth understanding of accounting theory and methods with this 30-credit-hour master’s degree in Accounting. Full-time students can complete the program in one year. Part-time students can complete the program in under two years. Coursework covers topics including:
- Federal taxation research
- Organizational management theory and practice
- SEC reporting
- The role of accounting in executive decision-making
- Forensic accounting
Students come first at OLLU: You’ll learn from instructors with real-world experience as well as academic credentials, who go beyond theory to explain your role and responsibilities. You’ll get to meet with them—as well as your fellow students—face-to-face during two campus residencies.
After graduation, you will eligible to take the exam to become a Certified Public Accountant (CPA)**, a recognized and respected credential that can help you take your career even higher. You’ll also be able to take exams for other in-demand accounting certifications, such as Certified Management Accountant and Certified Internal Auditor.
** For students interested in qualifying for the CPA examination in Texas, you must have at a minimum of 30 semester hours that are upper division courses. At least 15 of these hours must result from physical attendance at classes meeting regularly on the campus of any transcript-issuing institution. Additional credit will not be given for repeated courses or coursework. In addition, student MUST be familiar with the other required upper division business course requirements or courses that are beyond those found in this degree. Please see the following link to the Texas State Board of Public Accountancy: https://www.tsbpa.state.tx.us
Students who do not reside in Texas and are interested in qualifying for the CPA examination MUST be familiar with the public accounting licensing laws in their state of residency, which may involve additional courses or requirements beyond those found in this degree. Please see the following link provided by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants http://www.aicpa.org/ADVOCACY/STATE/STATECONTACTINFO/Pages/StateContactInformation.aspx Additional information about becoming a CPA, including about the exam, can be found at: