Northcentral’s goal is to provide accessible, quality, online graduate degrees to working professionals. Focusing on Doctoral and Master’s degrees in Business, Education, and Behavioral and Health Sciences, NCU provides unprecedented access to regionally accredited online graduate degree programs utilizing a one-to-one faculty-mentored approach to online learning with highly-credentialed faculty. NCU is an excellent choice for adult students with a passion for excellence in higher education.
- Regionally accredited
- One-to-One faculty mentored approach
- No physical residency requirements
- Highly credentialed faculty
- Applied experiential learning
- Weekly course starts
- Premier online University serving working professionals around the world
- Unprecedented access to U.S. regionally accredited online graduate degree programs
Continuous with Weekly Course Starts
Northcentral University is regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) and is a member of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools (NCA)
- NCU was the first accredited online university to feature an ACBSP accredited business school.
- Military Friendly School 2009 - 2012
- The world’s first online master’s and doctoral degree programs in Marriage & Family Therapy (MFT) designed to meet the educational standards of the American Association of Marriage & Family Therapy (AAMFT)
- MFT Program preapproved as meeting the educational requirements for licensure as a Marriage and Family Therapist set by the California Department of Consumer Affairs Board of Behavioral Sciences (BBS).
- The Information Assurance Courseware Evaluation (IACE) Program evaluated and validated that Northcentral University courseware meets all of the elements of the Committee on National Security Systems (CNSS) National Training Standard for: Information Systems Security (INFOSEC) Professionals, NSTISSI No. 4011
- Northcentral’s chapter of the education honor society Kappa Delta Pi, Alpha Delta Epsilon, was the first chapter chartered by Kappa Delta Pi at an online university.
Library – Our online library offers sophisticated searchable databases containing full-text articles and abstracts of leading publications in fields relevant to all degree programs. Plus, interlibrary loans give you access to books and special publications from hundreds of libraries nationwide.
Virtual Bookstore - At our online bookstore, you can locate your course number, order books and course materials, and pay online. Our bookstore also has a large inventory of used books, and we buy back many textbooks when courses are completed.
The Writing Center - At our Writing Center, you can get support materials and writing assistance, including the Northcentral Writing Process, a five-stage approach that helps you master academic writing through focus, development, organization, style and conventions. We also offer the online tutorial service, Smarthinking.
- Type of Institution – Proprietary
- Total Undergraduate Enrollment - 480
- Total Graduate Enrollment – 9,204
- Average Age Undergraduate - 35
- Average Age Graduate - 44
- Average High School GPA – N/A
- Percent of Undergraduate Enrollment by Gender – 41% Male; 59% Female
- Percent of Graduate Enrollment by Gender – 44% Male; 56% Female
- Percent of Undergraduate who are full-time students – 32% Full-time
- Percent of Undergraduate who are part-time students – 68% Part-time
- Percent of Graduate who are full-time students – 33% Full-time
- Percent of Graduate who are part-time students – 67% Part-time
The Northcentral University student body is in many ways different from its peers. The Northcentral community tends to be more mature (with 75% falling between the ages of 35-64) and closely split between women and men. A majority of Northcentral students are employed full time, homeowners, married or married with children and increasingly ethnically diverse.
Bachelor of Arts in Psychology, Master of Arts in Psychology, Master of Arts in Marriage and Family Therapy, Certificate of Advanced Graduate Studies (C.A.G.S.) in Psychology, Doctor of Philosophy in Psychology(PhD), Doctor of Philosophy in Marriage and Family Therapy(PhD), Bachelor of Business Administration, Master of Business Administration, Certificate of Advanced Graduate Studies (C.A.G.S) – Business, Doctor of Business Administration (DBA), Doctor of Philosophy in Business Administration (PhD), Bachelor of Education Degree Completion Program, Master of Education(MEd), Certificate of Advanced Graduate Studies (C.A.G.S.) – Education, Doctor of Education (EdD), Doctor of Philosophy in Education (PhD).