Quarter (four terms per year)
Marylhurst is accredited by the NWCCU. Additionally, all Marylhurst business programs are designed to meet the accreditation standards of the IACBE. Marylhurst's MBA, BS in Business & Management, BS in Business & Leadership and BS in Real Estate are accredited by the IACBE.
Council for Adult and Experiential Learning’s Institutional Service Award for excellence in serving adult learners
Shoen Library, university bookstore, career services center, prior learning assessment center, academic coaching, advising center, IT help desk, math resource center, writing center, peer mentor program, veteran resources
The university hosts lectures and performances year-round, including the Summer on the Green series featuring music and Shakespeare; the Marylhurst Reading Series; and regular performances by Marylhurst chorales and ensembles. The Student Leadership Council and more than a dozen student organizations provide further opportunities for engagement in campus life.
Programs & Degrees Offered:
- Undergraduate degrees offered:
Art, business and leadership, business management, communication, cultural studies, English literature and new media, English literature and writing, interdisciplinary studies, interior design, media and film studies, music, music composition, music therapy, organizational and strategic communications, psychology, real estate studies, religious studies, science, social sciences, sustainable business
- Graduate degrees offered:
Applied pastoral theology, art therapy counseling, business administration (including three specialized MBAs), divinity, education, food systems and society, interdisciplinary studies, teaching
Marylhurst University Online Graduate Degree Programs:
MBA in Sustainable Business
Marylhurst University’s online Master of Business Administration in Sustainable Business helps you take your MBA further with a groundbreaking and unique examination of the future of business.
The sustainability movement has gained momentum across the world. Small and large businesses alike have taken notice and begun implementing sustainable business practices into everything they do. The government and consumers are demanding that businesses not just turn a profit, but also make the world around them a better place.
Sustainability in business revolves around the ability to be successful on the bottom line, while making every effort to positively impact the economic, social, and environmental condition of the world around us. Trained professionals with a foundation in business leadership, ethics, and management skills, who can fully implement sustainable business practices, are in high demand.
In addition to gaining a foundation in business and sustainability, you’ll choose a specialized business concentration in:
- Renewable Energy - A concentration in renewable energy sheds light on the environmental regulations and policy that impact business decisions, management, and the bottom line. Find out how environmental laws affect business, and how fuel alternatives and renewable energy sources can positively impact your business and marketing efforts, while providing a new perspective on energy consumption. Build a strategy for operational management as you learn to research and implement a plan that accounts for energy use, supply chain management, production, inventory and Six Sigma.
- Green Development-Whether your business is planning new construction or adding sustainable practices to an existing structure, the green development concentration explains the details of what it takes to build green. Discover the environmental factors, government regulations, and laws that influence your building plans and construction efforts. Address the various political, regulatory, economic and social forces that impact urban planning and development. Learn what it takes to build sustainable communities and create an environmentally friendly and socially conscious business presence.
- Food Systems Management–Our food systems management concentration is designed for students who want to ensure that food systems are economically viable, environmentally sound and socially equitable by influencing practices in their current workplaces or in new roles throughout business, nonprofits or government.
- Green IT- The green information technology concentration is intended for students who already have a background in IT and who want to use information and communication technology to support the sustainability of other sectors while incorporating sustainable practices into the IT sector itself.
Designed to fit into the active lifestyle of working professionals, Marylhurst University’s Master of Business Administration in Sustainable Business is an innovative MBA program that assists you in reaching your utmost business potential.
MBA in Real Estate
As demonstrated in the past few years, the real estate industry has a tremendous impact on the economy. Professionals who have a sound understanding of real estate basics and the advanced skills to make good judgments are needed now more than ever in the real estate field.
Get advanced skills and knowledge to become a leader in the complex real estate industry with Marylhurst University’s online MBA in Real Estate. In addition to core MBA courses to strengthen your business knowledge, the Marylhurst online MBA in Real Estate offers courses in three focused concentrations:
- Real Estate Finance - The world of real estate finance is dynamic, complex and influenced by technology, and filled with challenges and opportunities. To prepare students for these exciting challenges, the Real Estate MBA is designed to provide students with a broad background in all aspects of the real estate industry. In addition, students will learn how to use software and technological tools that are standards in the industry today, such as Argus. The courses that are required in the concentration are designed to develop exposure, intuition and technical ability that can be applied to a wide array of real estate analysis decision making. The required courses focus on real estate law, development, and finance, exposing the students to a variety of issues necessary to form a comprehensive and integrated understanding of the real estate industry and its component parts.
- Real Estate Management - In the information age, culling the right data and properly analyzing it is necessary for management success. In the Management concentration, students will learn the key econometrics of asset management, including how to find and interpret the data necessary to properly measure and analyze the performance of various assets from various classes of real estate, and how to meet the different goals and objectives of real property owners and investors. In addition, students will learn how to use asset management technological tools that are standards in the industry today, such as Argus.
- Real Estate Development - Real Estate Development encompasses a diverse group of organizations and individuals with a variety of goals and perspectives. How does one navigate this complexity? Where do you see yourself in the dynamic development process? What do you hope to accomplish? The field is vast and filled with options: Fortune 500 companies, pension fund investors, REIT’s and retail directors. Investment banks, national contractors, consultants and various local, state, and federal regulatory entities frequently employ developers in the design-bid-build process. Public and private entities also work collectively in joint venture development to promote stakeholder or investor goals. Entrepreneurs and non-profits also engage developers in their philanthropic endeavors.
We believe that learning the various perspectives is critical not only to your success in the field, but in your personal quest to find the right career fit. At Marylhurst, we explore these multiple perspectives.
From project managers in the construction industry to builders and architects who focus on development to individuals considering employment in residential or non-residential real estate, the online MBA in Real Estate at Marylhurst University offers the perfect blend of MBA-level business skills and in-depth real estate knowledge.
MBA in Health Care Management
Marylhurst University’s online MBA in Health Care Management is designed to provide students with a complete business education specific to the health care industry. Each course in this program integrates scenarios, experiences and case studies from the health care industry.
Students may choose from three different concentration tracks which include:
- Gerontology - An MBA in Health Care Management with a concentration in Gerontology is designed for health care and other business professionals who seek additional education in health care and aging studies, with the aim of preparing students for career advancement in positions that serve the interests of older adults, their families and caregivers.
- Hospital Administration - The MBA in Health Care Management with a Hospital Administration concentration is designed for health care and other business professionals who seek additional education in hospital operations administration, with the aim of preparing students for career advancement in positions within the in-patient environment.
- Leadership & General Management - The MBA in Health Care Management with a Leadership & General Management concentration is designed for health care and other business professionals who seek additional education in how to effectively lead and manage others in the health care professions, with the aim of preparing students for management-track career advancement in all areas of the industry.
Our program provides a strong foundation that you’ll need for future success in your health care management career.
Master’s in Business and Administration
Marylhurst University’s online MBA is designed to provide students with a complete business education that features an extended focus on specific elements of management, finance, marketing, and sustainable business.
Our program provides a strong foundation that you’ll need for future success in your career.
- Achieve a solid understanding of current and emerging business issues and trends
- Increase your knowledge to make effective business decisions and develop key strategies for success
- Benefit from learning MBA theory with specialized coursework in leadership, marketing, business finance, and ethics
- Choose between four different concentrations:
- Nonprofit Management - Students choosing a concentration in Non-Profit Management will learn what it takes to be a leader in the non-profit sector within the financial and ethical guidelines of the non-profit organization, and discover what it means to create and run a successful non-profit business.
- General Management - When you elect a concentration in General Management, you’ll learn to create successful working relationships in the business world and develop the skills needed for advanced problem solving at an organizational level. Students will use real case studies and current events to learn how to take advantage of marketing opportunities, develop pricing strategies, and improve customer communications. The role of ethics in management will also be explored, with students learning how moral and legal issues affect business decisions and employee interaction.
- Finance - Electing a concentration in finance, you’ll take an advanced look at corporate and international finance and analyze real investment decisions, perform risk assessment, and discover the ethical concerns specific to business. Students will explore the role of foreign capital markets and study their economic effects at home and abroad. Investment and portfolio management studies will highlight the difference between real and financial assets while shedding light on the role of analysts and financial officers.
- Marketing - Students electing a concentration in marketing will build on their core business foundation by studying marketing management and the effects of marketing research on advertising efforts. They will learn to create integrated marketing communications, and discover how customer relationships are created through marketing efforts and brand strategy.
Marylhurst University Online Undergraduate Degree Programs:
Marylhurst University Online Bachelor’s Degree in Sustainable Business
A bachelor’s degree in sustainable business from Marylhurst University can help you develop confidence in your business skills while creating a strong foundation in green concepts that you’ll need for future success in your career.
Develop a core of business knowledge relating to:
- Business writing
- IT strategies
Learn the principles necessary to become an ethical and confident leader in your workplace. Experience real-world cases, and develop your ability to research, implement and communicate innovative sustainable business strategies.
The value of earning your bachelor’s degree over an associate’s degree can mean an increase in pay and a greater chance at finding a job that’s right for you. Marylhurst University’s online Bachelor of Science in Sustainable Business is designed to create effective leaders skilled in both business and sustainability. This degree can help you redefine your potential, shape your goals, and master valuable sustainable business practices.
Marylhurst University Online Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management
Leadership in business begins with knowledge gained through education, and flourishes through practical application in the workplace. Marylhurst University’s online Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management is designed with this idea in mind. If you’re currently working, what you learn during the online program is immediately applicable where you work; if you’re looking for a new job or career advancement, the business management skills you gain at Marylhurst can help you build for the future.
- Develop vision, and learn to build consensus and implement change through management practices, functional business expertise and cutting-edge leadership principles.
- Gain a foundation in business before getting in depth with many facets of management.
- Build the qualities of a transformational leader who is ready to make confident and ethical business decisions.
Develop a core of business knowledge relating to ethics, marketing, business writing, IT strategies and more. Go in depth into business management and discover effective management strategy, project management, organization behavior and how to build a dynamic business environment. Learn applied management principles and how to effectively handle the role and responsibility of leadership to become an ethical and confident leader in your workplace.
Learn through real-world cases and develop your ability to research, implement and communicate innovative business strategy. Build upon your core business foundation and gain the expertise required to advance in the world of business.
Marylhurst University Online Bachelor’s Degree in Real Estate Studies
The online Bachelor’s in Real Estate from Marylhurst University combines a foundation in business with a focused study of real estate to give you a well-rounded learning experience on which to build your career. Students will cover topics such as management, business writing, communications, IT strategies, economics, business culture, marketing, ethics, and more. Real estate subjects include leveraging real estate, laws and regulations, transactions, the profession of real estate, development, investment strategies, design, construction issues, and more.
- Develop vision, and learn to build consensus and implement change through management practices, functional business expertise and cutting-edge leadership principles
- Gain a foundation in business before getting in depth with many facets of the real estate industry.
- Learn to research and examine the real estate market using economic and demographic data to make sound financial and business decisions.
Develop a core of business knowledge relating to management, ethics, marketing, business writing and more. Get in depth with real estate studies. Learn techniques to deal with buying and selling property for different uses, how to leverage property, law and regulations, investment strategies and beyond. Discover what it’s really like to work in real estate as a profession, and learn what it takes to be a successful businessperson in the real estate world.
Learn through real-world cases and develop your ability to research, implement and communicate innovative business and real estate strategy. Build upon your core business foundation and gain the expertise required to advance in the world of business.