Lubbock Christian University
At Lubbock Christian University, you will find expert faculty and instructors who are excited to help you learn, staff members ready to offer support when needed, and engaged students to spark debates and discussions. We are interested in more than how you do in class. At Lubbock Christian University, we prepare our students for success in all aspects of life through academic achievement, spiritual fulfillment, personal responsibility, and leadership development.
Lubbock Christian University
Churches of Christ
6 terms per year
Lubbock Christian University is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award associate, baccalaureate, and master’s degrees. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 for questions about the accreditation of Lubbock Christian University.
Master’s in Human Services
Life can throw challenges at us: conflict with family members, social change, illness, financial problems. Strong families can weather these issues, but others need help. If you are passionate about helping others, the online Master's degree in Human Services can train you to help guide children and families through difficult periods and improve their quality of life.
Coursework covers a wide range of topics, including human sexuality, interpersonal communication, parental education, and family resource management. The program is grounded in Christian and Biblical principles and values focusing on the importance of family and marriage. The hands-on curriculum emphasizes applying theory to practice and is reflected in the experiences of our faculty members, who continue their professional involvement in the Human Services field.
Designed with a preventative approach that emphasizes healthy family functioning, the Human Services degree teaches you how to initiate change at the group and individual levels with two specializations targeted to different needs in the field:
- Administration — Learn to develop strategic plans for social service agencies, create policy, and work with legislators on human services initiatives.
- Family Life Educator — Coach families to improve communication and resolve conflict in healthy ways. Lubbock Christian University's Master's in Human Services with Family Life Educator specialization is approved by the National Council for Family Relations and meets the standards and criteria needed for the Certified Family Life Educator (CFLE) designation.
Master of Science in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
The online Master’s in Clinical Mental Health Counseling program from LCU will put you on a path toward becoming a licensed professional counselor. Every day, families and individuals seek caring professional counselors to help them through life’s most daunting situations. If you’re ready for a rewarding career helping others, Lubbock Christian University’s online Master’s in Clinical Mental Health Counseling program will give you the knowledge, skills and training to provide compassionate and effective care to those who need it.
- Program curriculum is written to the Council for the Accreditation of Counseling and Related Educational Programs (CACREP) standards for Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Courses that meet licensing standards for professional counselors in Texas and many other states
- Includes residencies, internship courses and a practicum to learn practical skills and gain invaluable real-world experience
- All faculty hold doctorate degrees
- Courses also incorporate iPads to teach the latest apps available in the field
The program incorporates Christian principles and values and provides students with academic and spiritual support, including access to:
- An online writing center with a doctorate level writing coach
- Personal growth groups and mentoring from caring counselors
- An online chapel and prayer room for personal and spiritual development and encouragement
Graduates will be prepared to: provide compassionate, effective counseling for groups, couples, individuals and families; understand the impact of culture on counseling relationships; understand dysfunctional human behavior and its treatment; and more.