Concordia University, Nebraska was founded in 1894 by The Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod. Within our mission of excellent Christian education, we recognize that the desire to serve is universal, and we welcome all students seeking lives of learning, service and leadership. The introduction of online programming allows even more students to take advantage of our faith-based programs. U.S. News & World Report ranks Concordia University, Nebraska in the top tier of the Midwest Regional Colleges category for 2014.
Concordia University, Nebraska
Online courses are 8 weeks long with six starts per year
Concordia University, Nebraska is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools (230 South LaSalle Street, Suite 7-500, Chicago, IL 60604; 800-621-7440; www.ncahlc.org).
- Concordia is consistently ranked in the top tier of the Midwest Regional Universities category in U.S. News & World Report's rankings
Master of Human Services
- The online Master of Human Services at Concordia University, Nebraska is grounded in Christian faith and provides students with the knowledge and skills to strengthen communities and improve the lives of others. Students can complete their master’s degree fully online in as little as 24 months and have the option to choose between four career tracks:
- Gerontology Track: With the Gerontology specialization, students will be able to understand the science of social policy and gerontological research, mental health issues of the aging, long-term care administration, and ethical issues within communities.
- Community Health Track: With the Community Health specialization, students will be able to design health intervention programs, understand behaviors as they affect populations, and apply public health theory to a variety of health concerns.
- Human Services Leadership and Management Track: With the Human Services Leadership and Management specialization, students will gain a better understanding of long-term care administration practices, population-based health care and nonprofit management including fundraising, grant writing and budgeting.
- Custom Track: The custom track is a generalist course of study for students who already have significant practice experience in human services. Students have the opportunity to choose electives that are complementary to their career goals.
The Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts the job outlook for social workers to grow 15 percent between 2012 and 2022. Graduates with a Master of Social Work are specialists in the social services field and may work for government agencies, schools and health care organizations. Examples of job titles in the field include:
Master of Public Health
- Case Manager
- Children’s Services Worker/Advocate
- Family Therapist
- Foster Care Therapist
- Life Skills Counselor
- Social Worker
- Probation/Parole Officer
- Outpatient Health Specialist
- You'll develop perspectives on how to improve public health and eliminate health disparities. Specializations in Community Health Education and Health Policy and Administration will equip you to promote and protect community health at all levels: local, state, national and global. Students build competency in biostatistics, epidemiology, health behavior, environmental health, policy management and research in a rigorous curriculum delivered by accomplished faculty.
- A Master of Public Health degree has wide applications in the field. Job opportunities exist in health and human services, mental health centers, local health departments, wellness initiatives, fitness centers, schools, research and development, international health agencies and HMOs.
- Community Health Education: Provides you with skills to help keep communities healthy by learning to develop, implement and assess health programs. You will study models and theories of health behavior and learn to apply principles and practice of effective marketing and communication to your efforts.
- Health Policy and Administration: Allows you to take a broad perspective to improve public health by developing the knowledge, ability and skills in leadership, management techniques, and health care organization and structure to influence public health policy.