Concordia University, Nebraska was founded in 1894 by The Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod. Within our mission of excellent Christian education, we recognize that the desire to serve is universal, and we welcome all students seeking lives of learning, service and leadership. The introduction of online programming allows even more students to take advantage of our faith-based programs. U.S. News & World Report ranks Concordia University, Nebraska in the top tier of the Midwest Regional Colleges category for 2011.
Concordia University Nebraska
Online courses are 8 weeks long with six starts per year
Concordia University, Nebraska is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools (230 South LaSalle Street, Suite 7-500, Chicago, IL 60604; 800-621-7440; www.ncahlc.org).
Concordia is ranked in the top tier of the Midwest Regional Colleges category in U.S. News & World Report's rankings
Master of Human Services
Master of Public Health
- You'll develop expertise in gerontology, lifespan development and family studies to respond compassionately and effectively to the needs of our society's changing demographics. Program topics include aging studies, family studies, marriage and family counseling, and community health. As health care systems and the populations served evolve, Concordia prepares you to be responsive, effective and compassionate across a spectrum of human services careers.
- Human services professionals will need strong skills in the field to effectively strategize, organize, and implement plans to meet the needs of the population in the coming years. Employers are increasingly requiring candidates with a strong foundation in the background, history and policies of human services—a bachelor’s degree and job experience are no longer enough. The Master of Human Services offered online by Concordia gives you the detailed knowledge you need to be effective and to position yourself for advancement or a better job. Three areas of specialization as well as a generalist track offers the opportunity to tailor your degree to your career interests and goals.
- Gerontology: Explore the social, mental health and family issues specific to older adults and an aging population.
- Community Health: Provides you with skills to help promote the well-being of individuals and communities through education and initiatives.
- Human Services Leadership and Management: Gives you a broader view of the human services field and what it takes to administer human services programs effectively.
Online RN to Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- You'll develop perspectives on how to improve public health and eliminate health disparities. Specializations in Community Health Education and Health Policy and Administration will equip you to promote and protect community health at all levels: local, state, national and global. Students build competency in biostatistics, epidemiology, health behavior, environmental health, policy management and research in a rigorous curriculum delivered by accomplished faculty.
- A Master of Public Health degree has wide applications in the field. Job opportunities exist in health and human services, mental health centers, local health departments, wellness initiatives, fitness centers, schools, research and development, international health agencies and HMOs.
- Community Health Education: Provides you with skills to help keep communities healthy by learning to develop, implement and assess health programs. You will study models and theories of health behavior and learn to apply principles and practice of effective marketing and communication to your efforts.
- Health Policy and Administration: Allows you to take a broad perspective to improve public health by developing the knowledge, ability and skills in leadership, management techniques, and health care organization and structure to influence public health policy.
By offering the RN to BSN program online, Concordia aims to give busy registered nurses an excellent bachelor’s-level nursing education in the most convenient and accessible way possible.
With health care employers, professional nursing associations and the government all encouraging registered nurses to earn a Bachelor of Science in Nursing, graduates of Concordia’s RN to BSN program will be prepared to pursue advanced degrees in nursing and leadership roles in a variety of public and private health settings.