Concordia University, Nebraska was founded in 1894 by The Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod. Within our mission of excellent Christian education, we recognize that the desire to serve is universal, and we welcome all students seeking lives of learning, service and leadership.The introduction of online programming allows even more students to take advantage of our faith-based programs. Concordia’s online program curriculum is grounded in the philosophy of Servant Leadership and the University’s traditional Lutheran values.
Concordia is fully accredited by The Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools and has consistently been ranked as a top tier Midwest Regional University by U.S. News & World Report.
Online Masters of Human Services Degree
Concordia’s online Master of Human Services program is grounded in Christian faith and teaches the skills needed to improve policies and help individuals and communities access the services and programs to meet their basic human needs.
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment in social and human services is expected to grow 22 percent from 2012 to 2022, faster than other occupations. The career path for human services professionals is broad and opportunities exist in a variety of social services settings; faith-based organizations, charities, volunteer organizations and other nonprofit settings. The online MHS program offers 4 career tracks that allow students to focus on their professional interests and goals.
- MHS - Community Health Track
- MHS - Custom Track
- MHS - Gerontology Track
- MHS - Leadership & Management Track
Online Masters of Public Health Degree
For people who want to make a difference, there is no more profound way to do so than through public health. Eliminating health disparities and preventing disease on a community, national or global level is considered by many to be a mission rather than a profession. A Master of Public Health* degree opens doors to opportunities for service and advancement in public health careers. Start by earning your MPH degree online from Concordia University, Nebraska.
- MPH - Community Health Education
- MPH - Health Policy & Administration
Your tuition at Concordia University, Nebraska is an investment in yourself and your future. No matter how secure your financial situation is, you probably have concerns about paying for your post-secondary education. Nearly 99 percent of students at Concordia University, Nebraska receive some type of financial assistance; the school distributes more than 20 million dollars annually.
- Military Funding: Students eligible for Veterans/Military benefits including, VA, GI Bill, Post 9/11, Yellow Ribbon and National Guard should contact their local benefits office to apply.
- Employer Tuition Assistance: Many companies provide reimbursement to employees pursing relevant and applicable education. Check with your Human Resources or Benefits Department to learn about your available options.
- Scholarships: There are many sources for private scholarships including employers, professional organizations, congregations and community groups. Students are encouraged to directly contact these sources to inquire about the availability of scholarships.
- Federal Grants/Loans: Please visit www.studentaid.ed.gov for a complete guide on all financial aid programs from the U.S. Department of Education.