Founded in 1854, Central Methodist University is a four-year private university, fully accredited by the North Central Association of Colleges and Universities. Central offers educational opportunities ranging from high-school dual credit to graduate degrees and has a total enrollment of more than 5,200 students statewide.
Welcome to Central Methodist University
Central Methodist University (CMU) offers several adult degree programs in the St. Louis area, including bachelor degree programs in Psychology, Business, and RN-BSN Nursing, and a Master of Education degree program.
- Associate of Science in Business - program provides a practical business education along with a strong liberal arts foundation. Coursework covers diverse concepts such as introductory management, computer applications, written and oral communications, economics, critical thinking, accounting, and literature.
- Associate of Science in Psychology – program is designed to assist students in gaining an understanding of the science of human behavior and mental processes. Students will become familiar with the most important contemporary research finding in the fields of learning, personality, counseling, psychophysiology, social processes, abnormal psychology, and human development.
- Bachelor of Science in Business - program provides a comprehensive business education that prepares graduates for a variety of high-level leadership roles. Coursework covers practical concepts such as communications, economics, marketing, statistics, business law, human resources, information systems, finance, accounting, international business, and ethics.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing - program is for registered nurses who are seeking to complete the BSN. The program is designed for registered nurses who have earned either associate degrees in nursing or diplomas in nursing and desire to advance personal and professional goals. The curriculum focuses on the health continuum across the life span of clients, including individuals, families, and communities.
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology - program is designed to assist students in gaining an understanding of the science of human behavior and mental processes. Students will become familiar with research design as well as the contemporary research findings in the fields of abnormal psychology, counseling, social processes, personality, human development, biological psychology, and applied psychology.
- Master of Education - The Master of Education (M.Ed.) Program at Central Methodist University is primarily designed for the growth and advancement of teaching professionals who desire to:
- Complete an accredited master’s degree (though a student need not be pursuing a formal degree in order to be enrolled in masters level courses of Central Methodist University)
- Complete requirements of the Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education to advance through the tiered levels of teacher classifications (i.e. proceed from PC I to PC II or PC II to Continuous Professional Classification)
- Complete specific coursework to fulfill requirements for obtaining additional content area endorsements, or additional certification areas, of the Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education.
*Programs are only offered in certain zip codes.
testimonial copy goes here