If you want to learn in a traditional campus setting or if you are a working professional who needs convenience and flexibility at various locations throughout Virginia, Averett has a degree program to fit your life. Founded in 1859 as a school for young women, Averett grew to a fully accredited, co-educational, four-year college in 1971. Today, the university enrolls 2,600 students from 25 states and 19 foreign countries and offers undergraduate and graduate degree programs at 14 Virginia locations.
Averett’s Graduate and Professional Studies
Our adult degree programs are designed to enable students to learn and retain knowledge as efficiently as possible. The program is a responsive and creative approach to fulfilling Averett University’s commitment to providing adults with the skills and credentials critical to success in today’s competitive environment.
Throughout Averett’s history, the mission has evolved in response to societal changes while remaining rooted in strong traditions. You can feel confident that by choosing to pursue your educational goals at Averett, you will be choosing a degree program that will meet your needs today and in the future.
- Bachelor of Business Administration - program is designed to enable students to work effectively in today’s complex business environment. The program includes, but is not limited to, courses in management theory, marketing, finance, economics and accounting. Designed to provide an effective balance of theory and practical experiences, the program promotes a complementary relationship between job skills and classroom applications. Skill development in the areas of decision making, business communications and quantitative analysis is emphasized.
- Bachelor of Science in Aerospace Management – the Department of Aeronautics offers a highly challenging and rigorous undergraduate degree in the BS in Aerospace Management with fields of concentration in Flight Operations, Aviation Business, Aviation Technical Systems, and Aviation Maintenance Operations.
- Master of Business Administration - program is designed to develop and enhance the management and analytical skills necessary for effectiveness in public and private industry. The program concentrates on the functional areas of business. These include, but are not limited to, management, accounting, finance, economics and strategic planning. The curriculum is structured sequentially, with participants taking one course at a time. The MBA program requires the completion of a 41-credit curriculum. All courses in the MBA program are designed to recognize the global impact on business and industry.
- Master of Education - program is designed to encourage the development of the professional educator. The program concentrates on an educational framework that supports the advancement, application, and integration of relevant theory and practice within the classroom. In order to assume leadership positions, teachers must become competent in curriculum content and design, and use of instructional strategies appropriate for the developmental level of students and appropriate for each curriculum area.
*Programs vary by campus and are only offered in certain zip codes
Averett’s Financial Aid Services
We offer all of the quality that comes with small classes and personal attention for just slightly more than the cost of attending a large state school. Students benefit from daily interaction with professors who are experts in their field. This level of personal, quality education is within your reach.
- Averett annually awards $20 million in financial aid and scholarships
- 99% of traditional program students benefit from financial aid
- Our average scholarship package lowers the cost of attending our four-year program by almost 40%
- Students’ costs at Averett are less than 80% of other private colleges in Virginia